2014: Lucy Heartfilia

August 17th, 2014
Magnolia, Fiore inside of the high school, Fiore Academy

Ring

Ring

Ring

It was the end of the first day of the second week of my freshman year at the ever-so-impressive Fiore Academy, home of the first ever school class system.

I was fifteen, and recently just transferred out of Class D to Class A the month before.

When I first arrived in the classroom, everyone looked at me a little funny. I didn't exactly know how to fit in, since I came from a lower class in the school. I would freeze up if I talked to anyone so, my shyness got the best of me. Safe to say that I didn't make many friends during that time.

Yet, it doesn't matter. Making friends isn't part of my goal to succeed.

As soon as I graduate, I'm going to write books, just like the stories Mama used to tell me when I was little.

That is my ultimate goal, the life I was going to live by.

Unfortunately, that wasn't what was exactly going to happen...

My cousin, the ginger playboy of the new freshman class, Loke, was supposed to wait for me at the front gate to take me home.

He wasn't there.

He took his best friend, Aries, to go get ice cream.

I ended up walking home by myself, occasionally checking the time on my phone.

4:56.

The light changes and I begin walking.

I saw a car approach but, I didn't panic.

It was a red light for him. That meant that he had to stop.

However, he didn't stop and instead went faster. The car wasn't slowing down.

I picked up the pace and began to sprint across the street.

In that split second, life as I knew it would change forever.

________________________________________________________________________________

The next thing I remember was being inside of the hospital and seeing my cousin holding my hand.

The only hand I had left.