Lothlorien III

"Can we really trust him," I whispered to Caleniel as we walked away from the area we were in before.

Caleniel slowly nodded. "I am more than sure that we can, but I feel that you won't trust him either way."

"She has every right not to," Gimli chimed. "The best part is that she knows exactly why she can't either."

Caleniel rolled her eyes. "I should have gone up with Leoglas."

I laughed and nudged her. "Why is that?"

Caleniel grinned and walked ahead a bit. We walked through much of the forest. We walked through and over roots of trees as Haldir led us to Galadriel. He stopped us, and I watched as two Elves appeared from a blinding light as they walked down the stairs. My eyes narrowed as I looked over the male Elf with the scar on his face. It felt like there was more to him than Caleniel told me on the way here. There had to be something more than just being the husband of a very powerful Elf Lady. However, my eyes stopped their narrowing when they fell on the female Elf. She was tall and had beautiful golden hair. I was still skeptical. Gimli was right. I had every right to be.

Is that the "amazing" Galadriel?

Yes, I am.

My eyes widened as I stared at her.

The male Elf began to speak. "The enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone. Ten there are here, yet eleven there were set out from Rivendell." He looked us over. "Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from afar."

Galadriel's head slowly turned to us. "Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into Shadow."

Noticing the shock on Galadriel's face, I pursed my lips and looked down. The look of loss was one I knew to well.

Legolas looked at Galadriel. "He was taken by both Shadow and flame. A Barlog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria."

Galadriel looked at Legolas. "Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know of his full purpose." Her eyes looked at every one of our glum faces. Her eyes stopped on Gimli. "Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dum fill your heart Gimli, son of Gloin. For the world has grown full of peril, and in all lands, love is now mingled with grief."

I began to look down, but suddenly I heard Boromir quietly gasping and sobbing. My eyes widened as I looked at him without turning my head.

What's happening to him?!

The male Elf spoke as if he could not hear Boromir. "What now becomes of this Fellowhip? Without Gandalf hope is lost."

You are the one that is not from this land, are you?

"It can't be," I whispered as I lowered my head.

Galandriel looked at Aragorn. "The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all, yet hope remains while the company is true." Her eyes fell on me, and she looked at Sam. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest, for you are weary with sorrow and much toil." Her eyes fell on Frodo as she spoke.

My eyes narrowed slightly. I took a step back, feeling something strange in the air. It felt like there was a thick fog, but for the strangest reason, we couldn't see it. I looked at Aragorn, but he only smiled. Was he not feeling what I was feeling?

"Bre"

I jumped at the sound of Caleniel's voice.

She smiled. "Come now. We'll be getting some very comfortable beds."