Chapter 9 - Thursday the 13th

Through all of the thunder, I manage to hear "Morning Li." a teenage boy mumbles. Wait, who the heck is in my house?! But before I am awake enough to smack whoever it is, someone rolls over and kisses me on the cheek. Okay, I swear when I open my eye-. Then the person completely interrupts my thoughts my taking me into a hug, which means now we're chest to chest. 

I cringe so badly. When I peel my eyes open, I am literally a centimeter from touching Natsu's lips. If I even talk, they're gonna hit. Just thinking of that makes me barf inside my mouth a little.  Then I realize where I am. Natsu's house. WHY!! I inch away from him very slowly and then say "Natsu, please let go of me." 

"Why Liz?" 

"It's Lucy you idiot! Get it right!" His eyes shoot open, then he launches me off the bed. I land with a thud onto the carpeted ground. "Ow! Don't shove me you jerk!" I say, waking up a little more. Did I really just say that? My arm hurts now because it just got pulled. I look at the time. "Get up! We've gotta get ready!" I shout, then try to pull him out of bed. 

"Go away." Natsu says, then pulls up the blanket over his face. 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ 

Me and Natsu walk down the halls scrunched together. We have to go to math. No one's seemed to notice the cuffs yet. On Wednesday, we were excused from school, so that's why no one had noticed. It feels weird walking shoulder to shoulder with Natsu. But I kinda like it. It reminds me of old times. 

We walk into math and Ms. Erza urges us to go to the two chairs in the back. Yay! At least I get to sit next to Levy! As we make our way to the back of the classroom, we get stares. We are probably going to be the main gossip today. That's kinda bad because some people stretch the truth so much it turns into a lie. I'm pretty sure by the end of the day someone will think Natsu's dumped Lisanna for me. 

And of course when Lisanna gets a wind of this she's gonna...oh, that's right. Natsu's here. Wait! That could be bad! Natsu might hold me down while she beats me to death! No...Natsu's dad would ask him what had happened to me. I continue on like this until Levy asks about something.

"Lulu, why are you and Natsu chained together like criminals? You didn't do something bad did you?" She asks, wanting to know more. She looks confused. "I can assure you Lev, everything's fine." I say back. She accepts the lie that I had told her, trying to decipher if I told the truth or not. 

"Class," Mrs. Erza begins, looking at each and every one of us. "today we will be working on a new unit of study. You will all work individually, except for Mr. Dragneel and Ms. Heartfelia of course." She explains. Some horrific person says "Like a couple....", then another one says "So cute...". I tilt my head down slightly, trying to hide the blush that's appeared on my face. 

Then I mentally smack myself. A little voice in my head says "No Lucy. It's never gonna happen so stop believing." and then I get angry. I mean steam coming from the ears angry. "It is gonna happen you crappy whore. It is. I KNOW IT IS."I don't realize I've said anything out loud until Natsu gives me a look and I realize I've been staring at him the whole time. 

Then Ms. Erza does something that forces her to be my favorite teacher of all time. She continues with the lesson. I feel guilty, lonely, and like I want to live under a rock for the rest of my life. I feel alone. So I shut my eyes, and collapse onto the desk in-front of me. I watch the rain stream down the window and hear the thunder crack. God, nothing could make this day worse. 

After all, it is the thirteenth. 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

At lunch Levy asks again. "Lu, please tell me!"  She says, despite what I had told her earlier. We sit at our lunch table unpacking food. Unfortunately, I had just figured out that my lunch money was stolen by someone who's name begins with N. I grit my teeth. I hadn't had breakfast because of that pink-haired dork. So yeah, I was NOT happy. 

It was kind of a weird situation. Natsu and I's backs were tilted slightly so he could sit at another table. "Lucy, please." She pushes it. I get mad, a feeling I haven't felt for a long time. "Levy! PLEASE!" I shout in her face. She looks like she's about crumbled to the ground. I don't like that look. There's a minute of silence. "You've changed." She says in a harsh tone finally.

"Lev..." I say, but it's too late. She get's up and walks towards the table with all of our other friends. She sacrificed that to sit next to me. I feel like crying, but instead I pull my arm to rest my head on. After a while I feel a poke on my shoulder. "Get up blondie, it's time to go back to that stupid gym." Says the person attached to the other side of the chain. I don't answer. 

Then he decides to do the dumbest thing possible. He lifts me up and sets me on his back. My first reaction is like WTF DUDE?! I look like a freaking giraffe! I start to laugh. My eyes turn into gleaming jewels as Natsu runs down the hall with me. I'm so happy, I almost don't see glaring Lisanna in the corner.