Chapter 23

Chapter 23.

Bucket List.

#1 Fall in love

#2 Get a tattoo ☑

#3 Go to Disneyland

#4 Loose my virginity ☑

#5 Try drugs

#6 Get drunk

#7 Drive a car

#8 Get my mum back

#9 Get my bestfriend back

#10 Be famous for one day

#11 Get a kiss in the pouring rain

#12 Go to Paris

#13 Feel beautiful for one day

"What are you doing?" Harrys voice startled me - I jumped and dropped the paper from my grasp sending it falling to the kitchen floor.

"I was just-" I bent down to pick up the paper but Harry beat me to it, grabbing it from the floor first. We both stood up - a pain shot through my lower region and I mentally groaned. "You were just-" He trailed off, raising his eyebrows as his eyes scanned my bucket list.

"Checking off number 4," I mumbled - my cheeks burned red and I tilted my head to the floor as he smirked down at the paper. The memory of his head between my thighs still etched into the back of my mind - it was only two days ago.

"I see." He stated, stepping closer to me. His hand grasped my chin and he tilted my head up to meet his gaze. "I'm glad I could help you with that."

My hands raised and I pushed at his chest so he stumbled backward. Playfulness was clear in his eyes as he stepped closer to me and tickled my sides.

Laughter bubbled deep in my throat and past my lips as I twisted and turned in his grasp.

His fingers stopped after awhile and he held me in his arms - the only sound was our soft breathing and the pounding of our hearts. For a moment I almost believed that everything was going to be okay - that what me and Harry had was real and would last.

Reality always had a way of slapping me in the face during moments like these. I pulled away and ignored the confused look that crossed Harrys features. I pulled the bucket list from his hands and scanned it. "Which one next?" I asked.

"You could get drunk and then drive a car." Harry stated, a smile playing on his lips. I rolled my eyes. "That's actually illegal - let's stick with one thing at a time."

"Fine, fine. How about I take you down to the old abandon factory across town - you can drive there." I watched the way Harrys lips moved as he talked - I found myself wanting to know how each and every word sounded on his tongue.

I blinked. "Sounds like a plan," I smiled. My mind was working way to slow today and I blamed Harry for standing to close to me.

"Have you ever driven before?" He asked as he grabbed his keys off the counter.

"Nope," I shrugged.

"This should be interesting then."

∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙

"Okay so just shift it into drive - press softly of the gas."

I sat shifting in the drivers seat - while Harry explained how all the gears worked a little while ago I just sat and watched his eyes - they were a spectacular green, almost hazel. Specks of gold littered -

"Maddie? Are you listening to anything I'm saying?"

I snapped my eyes to Harry - his eyebrows were frowned and his lips pulled into a frown. "Yes, of course I'm listening." I stated - returning my hands to the steering wheel.

"Okay so just do what I told you." I nodded at him, I shifted the gear into drive and pressed softly on the gas peddle - the car starting moving slowly across the dirt parking lot.

"There you go!" Harry encouraged. I mentally pat myself on the back. "Now just press a little harder on the gas."

I pressed down and the car jerked forward - I pressed quickly to the brakes and Harrys arm went out in front of me.

"Okay maybe not that hard." Harry joked. "Hush up styles I've got this."

I eased my foot onto the gas peddle again, I felt myself drift off. Like I wasn't even in my own body - I started doing laps around the empty parking lot. Harrys cheering felt distant, a small smile stayed put on my lips as I drove like I had been doing it for years.

I stopped in the middle of the parking lot, I shifted the gear into park and leant my back against the seat.

"See you can do anything if you put your mind to it." Harrys voice was cheerful and happy. I couldn't help but let myself feel a little happy too.

"You know what my dad use to tell me Harry." I let myself get lost in my thoughts - most of the time when I'd get lost in myself it ended up bad. This time was different - I wasn't keeping all my thoughts bottled up, I was letting myself relive them almost.

"Hmm?" Harry wondered, his body almost completely turned toward me. I didn't look toward him though, I stared straight ahead at the sun that was just starting to set.

"He told me just a few days before he passed, he said 'sometimes bad things happen to good people' and I've never been able to understand why though. Why do good, honest people have to go through the most shit. I don't think it's fair you know?"

Harry stated silent - so did I. We both just sat for a long while.

Harry finally spoke up, "I think your father was right. Bad things do happen to good people, but I think they happen to make good people realize that there is bad in the world, that sometimes things don't go as planned - the people that have lost the most - the people that are the most broken, I think are the wisest. Their the ones who know what it's like to fall down but they know how great it feels to get back up again. I think the good people in this world are the most broken, but they choose to see the lighter side of things."

Harry paused - "Everyone's got a choice, you can be a good person or a bad person. No one makes you choose, you choose yourself. Sure losing loved ones is hard, but you can choose to take the brighter path. It's always your choice Maddie, you can be happy or sad. No one picks for you, you have the ability to fix yourself. You've just got to try."

Harrys words struck me like a match to gasoline. I didn't have to be this way - he was right. I could be sad or I could be happy.

In that moment I promised myself I would be that good person - the person that knew how amazing it felt to pick themselves up from the rubble.

[a/n; Hsjjakskzjfjnz. New chapter - new day - deep thoughts - boom. Alright go check out my new stories, "freak" "psychopath" and "misfits" I'll bake you cookies if you comment and fan all of them. Please

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

AND SHARE . Give me some feedback, let me know if any of this shit sucks. I won't bite, promise. ]