Pancakes and Lingerie

*Ashlynn's POV*

I woke up to the light beaming on my face. My eyes fluttered open and I sat up straight. Justin wasn't beside me.

Damnit.

He was keeping me warm.

I rubbed my eyes and ran my hands through my hair.

"Morning sleeping beauty." I turned to see where his voice had come from. He walked out of his bathroom and started towards me.

"When did you get up?" I asked in a groggy voice. He sat down beside me and smiled. "Two hours ago. You know how loud you snore?" I pulled a pillow from beside me and hit him with it.

"Shut up." He laughed and took the pillow from my hands. "I didn't mind. You were warm." I laughed. "I was warm until you got up." He smirked.

"I really had fun with you last night." His hand reached over to touch my hair. Slowly, he ran his fingers through it. "I had fun too." He licked his lips and kissed my cheek.

"I'm taking a shower." I nodded as he walked back into the bathroom. As soon as he left, I realized how hungry I was. I tied my hair in a ponytail and walked downstairs.

"Where the fuck do you--" I pulled pancake mix out of a cabinet beside me. Why I had the strange craving for pancakes? I'll never know.

I read the back of the box and pulled out a bowl and a spoon. I then turned on the griddle and let it get hot.

The last time I had made pancakes was at my dad's house, because that was his favorite thing to eat.

I finished adding the ingredients and started to stir. Justin had been so kind to me, so it was my turn to pay him back.

Who doesn't love pancakes?

I poured the batter on the griddle and waited. How the hell do you know when to flip them? What do you flip them with? I ran back upstairs to get my phone.

Apparently, Justin hadn't quite finished in the shower. This gave me enough time to finish cooking and plating. I had been in his room for five minutes before I heard a faint beeping sound. It then got louder and louder.

Oh my god.

That was the fire alarm.

I practically dropped my phone and ran downstairs. A sizzling pancake with small flames burned on the griddle.

"No no no no no!" I looked around for something to pour on it. The beeping became deafening. I tried my best to cover my ears and I opened the fridge.

I pulled out a bottle of water and threw it on the griddle.

Unfortunately for me, that was wine.

The flames became bigger and bigger, causing me to panic. I looked around and pulled out a pan. Filling it with water, I dumped it on the griddle and watched the flames cease.

"What the hell?!" I turned around to see Justin staring at his kitchen. "I am so so fucking sorry. I tried making pancakes and then they started to burn and then I accidentally poured wine on the stove and it made it worse--" He walked behind me and looked at the stove.

I am so fucked.

"You were going to make pancakes for me?" He said smiling. "Y-yeah." His face lit up. "I LOVE pancakes!" My jaw dropped. "How did you know?" I shrugged and have him a nervous smile. "Lucky guess?"

He smiled and walked closer to me. "Thank you. So, so much." He pulled me close to him and kissed my forehead. I smiled as he slid his hands down my back.