"Are you upset that I left, Adelina?"

"Are you kidding me?!" I felt anger flood my veins tenfold-- "Of course I am! You were what I considered to be my best friend! I understand that I lied to you, and I take full responsibility for the pain that betrayal might have caused, but I thought I'd proven myself to you enough to merit a less cold goodbye--!" Only when the glass I'd drained smashed was I pulled from my emotions, "I have to go."

I ignored my bare feet, not allowing the man to interrupt before I blurred from his reach...

Sneaking back into the Boarding House was almost impossibly easy, the Salvatores nursing their own long night and continuing their usual bickering while I washed, changed, and snuck straight back out. A distraction was what I needed, and as entertaining as my snarky brothers could be, I knew all that could sate me in this headspace had to be of the magical variety--

"Hiya, Bonnie!" My smile was forced and wave energetic as I highlighted my table at the Gill. "I ordered your favorite."

"Hi Adelina," the spare seat was filled when she narrowed her eyes. "Is everything okay?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't it be--?"

"Listen," she sighed, "We can either skirt around how well I've learned your 'tells' to keep the conversation light and shallow, or you can cut to the chase and not insult me."

My smile grew more genuine with her call out. As I've said, I've spent a lot of time with Bonnie during Elijah's absence, building up both mine and her magic to keep my brain from fogging over. I suppose in all that time we couldn't help but form a friendship, the young witch thriving on connecting with another of her kind--sharing some of her most heartbreaking thoughts with me, and even digging into the grief surrounding her Grams and hatred she focused on Damon and vampire kind in general because of it. In return, I may have shared a life I missed with some of my best friends back in the 'real world', making sure to exclude the Bennett's previous existence as fictional...

"I should've known I couldn't slip this past you," I sighed, finally allowing my frown to show.

Her hands reached out to cup mine, the Bennett's lips pulling up into a sincere smile. "What's up?"

"Elijah's back in town."

My eyes flickered to her stiffening shoulders, her smile quickly fading, "Oh..."

Yes, oh... In the time we'd grown closer, I'd shared more of my 'visions' with the young witch. Exposing vampire bloodlines, the consequences of successfully killing an Original as well as how dangerous their mother could be. In doing so I revealed how the Original matriarch still had the chance to roam the Earth even when she isn't immortal, warning Bonnie that if we were to ever pull her back from the dead then we'd need more than one Bennett to do so. I'd threw it in the air in case I ever thought waking her up would do more good than harm, but I suppose setting the wheels in motion for that rather than focusing on my spiraling emotions was as good a reason as any--

"I hate to ask this of you, Bonnie, but would you be willing to search for your mom with me?"

-TIME SKIP-

The skies were clear and the conversation light after we'd pulled Sheriff Forbes records and found our target in less than a couple of hours. Bonnie was asking me whatever question she could think of regarding my century's worth of travel, or any spells I might have come across that she was yet to find in her family--or even my own collection of Grimoires. She would rather focus on anything other than the address she was driving us to, her mannerisms developing in nerves the closer we got to the destination.