Author's note/Prologue

{This book is now available on KOBO}

Please, if you feel like it, support my writing and buy my book. I truly appreciate it. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This book may contain typos and grammatical errors. I don't always have time to check line by line so please, if you're a grammar Nazi, just be patient with me and point up the mistakes nicely. It's normal if I make them since my first language isn't English. I will, however, only be editing it when I finish the book, which may take a while since this is going to be a 'big' book, so please bear with me :)

    I appreciate all the constructive criticism that all of you can give me. Everyone that knows me, knows that I appreciate your feedback. Either good or bad. But there are ways you can say something to someone without offending their work. It may take you five minutes to read and criticize, but it takes us writers hours to write.

And this is my baby 💜

This story has some strong language and some disturbing scenes, so please read at your own risk.

2016 - All Rights Reserved

Any resemblance to reality is pure coincidence. Please don't copy any ideas from my book and if you see someone doing that, tell me right away!

Without further due, the PROLOGUE.

__________________________________________

Prologue

Abused. Beaten. Damaged.

All those three words are suitable to describe what my life has been since my mother passed away. Killed by my own father, the one who swore to protect her in sickness and in health until death does them apart. Ironic isn't it?

We were a normal family. Of course, we had our fights, but nothing that predicted this outcome. My mother was a well-known anthropologist and taught anthropology at NYU and my father was the coach of the soccer team at the same University. It was the perfect love and the perfect couple with the perfect marriage. Until it wasn't anymore.

I wish I could tell you how it all went downhill, but a part of me never really understood how a person that I loved with all my heart was capable of doing such a despicable thing.

I remember everything. I was late that night. I had gone to my best friend's sixteenth birthday party and when I left home, everything was normal. My mother was making dinner and my father was watching the news. If something was off, I couldn't tell what it was. It was the last normal night I had and I blamed myself for not being there. Maybe if I was there, she would be alive. Or maybe we would both be dead.

{flashback}

''I'm home!'' I shouted on top of my lungs so my parents could hear me, putting my keys on the counter. It's pretty late, but they always stay awake when I leave home at night and wait for me in the living room. I know right? I'm 16, I don't need that. But they insisted. ''Mom, dad.'' I shouted once again. ''Where are they?'' I mumbled to myself.

''You ruined everything!'' An angry voice yelled, which made me take a step back. Is that dad? ''You fucking little bitch.'' The voice added this time a little more aggressive. Who is that? Are we being robbed? It's coming from the kitchen.