Chapter 1

Somewhere else...

Sans was trudging through the snow to his post. He was muttering things under his breath as he checked his arm. His left humerus bone needed to heal.
(I'll put a diagram to explain what I'm talking about in the media so you can keep up😉)

At least this time there wasn't much damage to his body. Papyrus was abusive to him. Doesn't he know by now he knows he's weak? A disgrace? Useless? Lazy? That he knew he had to be at his post? That only thing useful about him is the ability to heal himself. It wasn't much. At all... So his post, as usual now, had a basket with food in it. Most monsters have noticed that Papyrus was even more abusive towards Sans lately. For the first time in a long time, they were worried. Papyrus was also taking away his breakfast. He needed that food so he could be able to heal. That's what Papyrus doesn't get. He knows Sans can heal himself, probably why he's so rough, and by taking the food he is leaving Sans in a much more vulnerable state.

He eats what he has but slowly and carefully. He needed to look like he was doing his job. He also didn't know when Papyrus would check on him. Papyrus usually checked on him at least once a day.

Time passed and he had fully healed the bone. He sighs as it turns seven o'clock. He had to go home. He looked at the monster towards the entrance of the town. A lot of weaker monsters were there. As he continues on walking he could see the monster gangs that would chat it up in the alleyways. He arrives at his home. He gulps as he opens the door. Luckily Papyrus wasn't home quite yet. Sans went out back and to a secret basement. Papyrus didn't know about it. Then he remembered what Papyrus said.

"SANS,YOUR ON YOUR OWN FOR TODAY.THE ROYAL GUARD IS HAVING A MEETING." Those meetings take at least a day to finish. The longest is the week, and that's because they end up fighting. Sans figured this would be the best time to work on the machine.

If they knew about this... Sans wondered.

What would they do?

That night he worked on the machine until he got tired. He went to his room. He had no mattress, just a stiff pillow and a thin blanket. He didn't get much sleep. The nightmares... They were getting to him. Each one was different from the last. They all involved a human who went by the name Frisk. Frisk had a red and black sweater with a talking flower named Flowey with them. Sans sighs. He goes back to the machine. Papyrus still wasn't home.

What was that cry he heard in his dream? It was nothing but blackness. He woke up when a pair of blue, star shaped, eyes suddenly appeared.

Else where ...

Blueberry woke up. He had to patch up his wounds. He did it again... Why does he do this every time? Blueberry thought as he attempted to heal the more noticeable wounds. He walked out the house after making breakfast. He didn't bother giving his brother an early wake up call anymore. He was afraid to get hit.

He made his way to Alphys's home. He was on another "week long training" trip. In other words the first few days he'd just heal. The next he'd get some rest and after that it was actual training. He appreciated Alphys being as worried as she was. Same for Undyne. His brother needed help. He wished there was some where he could live on his own. He broke Blueberry's left radius bone. The pain was getting unbearable as time went on. Last week he broke his right ulna bone and left femur bone. It hurt him to think his brother would be so abusive to him.

Suddenly a bright light washed over Blueberry and he passed out.

Meanwhile...

The machine that Sans had been working on suddenly began to work. Suddenly the states of the machine looked like it was about to blow. Sans went for cover and soon the machine stopped. What happened? He thought. He looked at the time. He had to go to his post again. He walked on ahead. He was still on watch. He didn't know if Papyrus would be back today or not. He looked at the empty town. Everyone else was still asleep. Well... Besides Chillby. Then again when does Chillby sleep?

Soon Sans sees his post in the distance. There was a basket with... His eyes almost seem to sparkle. He spirits a little in his mouth. "It's no joke!! Mustard!!" He says aloud. He seemed to look as if he was in a state of pleasure. He ate his food with mustard. He waited again until he heard an explosion an hour before he was supposed to leave.

He decided to check it out when...

"SANS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"B-Boss! I-I-I heard an explosion o-over there! I-I thought it be a good idea to see what it was!"

Papyrus scoffs. Though he did make a point. As part of the Royal Guard he had to check this out. "FINE, BUT IM COMING WOTH YOU."

Sans silently thank whoever blessed him to not get hit. So they walk into the forest and they see-
___________________________________
Le cliffhanger
Haha!
Like this book?
Great!

Vote
Comment
Follow