2 ~ Strangers and protecting

~Emily~

"Is this your card?" asked Caleb as he was doing a magic trick to Bradley, "No" said Bradley "What? Ok, is this your card?" asked Caleb again. We heard the door being jiggled and we were wondering who can it be? Elliot was asleep at the time.

"Dad!" said Caleb as he went for Elliot's gun, no answer "Get behind me" said Bradley as I did what he asked, "Dad!" said Bradley as the door was open by two young adult men. "Hey!" said Caleb as the men put their hands up and that's when Elliot woke up.

"Does he know what he is doing?" asked one of the guys while the other one was speaking french, Elliot took the gun out of Caleb's hands and point the gun at them. "What the hell you doing here?" asked Elliot, "We were here hunting for three days and we tried to get our truck moving. We're stuck here" said the guy who can speak english while the other one was still speaking french "Where's your truck?" asked Elliot "Just out on the access road near the cabin. It's not that far. Look. my name is Richard and this is Zeke" said Richard. Zeke was telling Richard something in french, "Hey! stop speaking french!" said Elliot as Bradley said something in french. I think he asked him if he spoke english, I was amazed.

"He just said that we were here first" said Richard, "We can share, it's freezing out there. Come on dad?" said Caleb as Elliot put down the gun. I need to calm Elliot down, he doesn't like people. I walked over to him and said some soft words, "Look at me, calm down ok? Were fine. They're just people that want to stay alive, why don't you go back to bed" I said as I put my hands on his arms to calm him down.

"Here you want some? It will help with your throat" said Richard as Elliot said something "No!" "Relax, were just trying to be friendly" "I don't care, boys. Go upstairs and get some sleep, Emily will join you shortly" said Elliot "I'm not even tired" said Caleb "Just go" said Elliot as they went upstairs. I saw that Bradley was worried, I gave him a I'll be there face.

Elliot gave them blankets and sat down has he had a scared yet worried face, "Elliot, it's ok. I'm here, are you going to be ok tonight cause I need some sleep. If you need me, you'll know where I'll be" I said as I patted his left shoulder. "Thank you Emily, I need to go up there and give Bradley something anyway. Let's go" he said as I followed him upstairs to their room.

Elliot open their door and let me come in first, I sat on Caleb's bed as he was laying down. "Here, take it" said Elliot as he handed Bradley a machete. "To keep you safe and protect Caleb and your girlfriend Emily" said Elliot as he went back and leaned on the door and tried to hear what they are saying, "Brad come here" said Elliot as Bradley went beside Elliot to see what he wants "Can you make out what they're saying?" he asked as he moved out of the way for Bradley to her. "I can't tell, they're speaking too fast. They're saying something about Caleb and I and......Emily. Their wondering why we be out here" said Bradley. "Well, because I took you out to shoot my gun. Let's just get some sleep ok? I'll be coming to check up on you guys in the morning. Emily you ok up here? You might have to sleep with one of the boys" said Elliot "It's ok, I'll sleep up here. I'll check up on you in the morning too" I said as he left the room with a smile on his face.

"You make him smile a lot. How?" asked Caleb "I don't know, maybe I'm just a little girl to him" I said "He said that you were his little baby" said Bradley "Yeah, he says that too. I wonder what will happen now?" I asked myself "We sleep" said Bradley "I'm not even tired" said Caleb "We have too, just go to bed ok. I don't like it either. Emily. Sleep with me, please?" asked Bradley "Ok" I said as laid down in front of him and felt him putting his left arm around me.

"I'll protect you, I promise" said Bradley "I will do the same to you" I said, "And please don't leave me here alone in bed again" he said "I'll try not too" I said as we drifted to sleep.

~Morning~ 
As I was waking up I noticed that Caleb was not in his bed, he's probably with Elliot or doing something downstairs and I can tell Bradley is still asleep. I hear him snore all night, no wonder why Caleb got up early. Well I'm getting used to it anyway so, why should I argue about it when I told him that I love him and I'm going with him to London and leaving behind Elliot when I could try to save and help him. If I don't, I'll be going back to the orphanage and living the same horrible life I've always lived. Not doing what I want to do like, going outside, walking around the streets, meeting new people, and If Elliot didn't get me out of that orphanage. I would never meant Bradley and Caleb.

"Hey? you awake?" asked Bradley "I've been awake" I said, "Come on, let's see where everybody is" said Bradley as I got up him following me. "Caleb! Dad!" shouted Bradley as we were going downstairs, "Down here!" said Caleb as we saw him near the fire "What are you doing?" I asked "Waiting for you two love birds to get out of bed. I don't know where dad is" "He'll be back. Maybe he went out to look for food" said Bradley as I looked outside.

"What's wrong?" asked Bradley as I felt him behind me, "Where is Richard and Zeke" I said "Richard went out to see if he can get his truck out and Zeke went to go see if he can find help or something" said Caleb "Oh ok, well I don't want to wait here and do nothing" I said as I was going outside while Bradley caught my hand. "It's too dangerous" said Bradley "Then why don't you come with me" I said, "I actually feel safe when I'm around you now" I went towards Bradley and hugged him.

"Ok fine, It's like you can't bare to live without me" he said as he chuckled and left to go outside, "Hey! you were the one who told me it was dangerous" I said as I went after him "Hey! I wanna come too" said Caleb as he left the cabin.

"Looks like you need to cut some more wood" I said as I saw we had a few logs left, "Yeah I know. I was taking a break inside" said Claeb as he got back to work. Then we saw Zeke come along with a happy face, "Sorry that I didn't talk, I didn't know he had childern with him" said Zeke as he helped and watched Caleb chop more wood.

I saw that Bradley was distracted so, I left quitely without anyone noticing. I wanted to see the woods again, the trees are very pretty with their ice cickles hanging down from the branches, I know it's pretty but, we can't stay here like Caleb and Bradley said. I don't what I should do.

~Bradley's P.o.V~
"Your doing a great job there boy" said Zeke as he put another log on there for Caleb "Thanks" said Caleb as that left a smile on Zeke's face.

"You, what's the girl's name?" Asked Zeke as he came towards me "Her name is Emily" I said "Emily, what a beautiful name. I saw the way you tried to protect her from us, and the way she calmed down your father. She has a good heart that's filled with kindness. Let me tell you that's hard to find in women these days" he said as he nunged my shoulder.

"Yeah, she's one of a kind" I said as I soon heard a gun shot not far from us, "Dad!" Yelled Caleb "Richard!" Yelled Zeke, I turned around to see if Emily was around but, she was gone. "Emily! Emily!" I yelled as I saw some footprints and ran as I followed them.

~Emily's P.o.V~
As I was walking around looking around the woods, I soon heard a gun shot and heard a couple of names. Then I heard my name being called, "Emily! Emily!". I soon saw Bradley running towards my way, "Bradley" "Emily" we both said at the same time "I thought you were dead" he said as he hugged me while putting his chin on top of my head and crying down his face.

"Don't run away without me knowing" he said as I hugged him back, "Let's go see if Zeke and Caleb are alright" I said as we followed my tracks back to the cabin.