He moved on so fast

Start from the beginning

I don’t know what made me say yes, I feel like I have to.

“Thank you honey, you have no Idea how you make me happy.” He said.

“Thank You Mr. Thompson, Mrs. Thompson” I told them.

They look at one another and then me.

“Samantha, is it okay if you just call us mommy and daddy? We know that it’s going to be hard for you but its okay if you still can’t do it or say it. We don’t want you to think that we are already rushing you.” Mrs. Thompson said.  

I smile at them, they are so nice people.

“I’m calling them mom and dad so I think I should call you mama and papa?” I ask slowly.

The smile on their faces answers it all.

“Thank you so much honey!” they both hug me tightly.

“I’m really excited too mama and papa to have a new journey with you. I can’t believe that you are finally here.” I told them.

“Me too honey, me too.” They said.  

***  

I was having my coffee at my favorite coffee shop after a long day of work. I actually thinking about what my papa said about our family business and honestly I’m excited about it. I’m not really happy at my work now and I don’t know why, at least now it gives me reason not to be sad when I resign there.

I look outside and I can’t help but feel something, just a little bit missing in my life. I am very much happy to be reunited with my family but there is still some space needed to be filled. It’s been one month and fifteen days already since Luke and I saw one another.

All the tabloids and magazines say that he is really making a huge name on his field and I’m so proud of him. Him expanding their business here and across the globe, I knew he could make it. I also saw some pictures of him with some models that he used to date. Then recently, pictures of him with a beautiful business woman/model were spread on the media, saying that they are finally on a dating stage. I was really hurt that I cried myself to sleep when I got home.

He moved on so fast.

I kept on telling myself that it is okay because at least he is happy someway but I can’t help but think ‘how about me?’ I want to be happy too.  I want to move on but I can’t, I can’t seem to see myself living life without him.

I grab my bag and made my way to my car. I need to go home and chill, it’s a long day.  

    ***

“I don’t know how you do it but honestly if I’m on your position, I think I’m going crazy!” Myra said on the other line.

“I know, it’s just I can’t seem to let him go or I mean move on with my life without him. I love him too much that it hurts so bad…” I can feel the tears wanting to escape my eyes but I just ignore it.

“You know Sam; it will hurt more if you keep on holding on that rope than letting it go.” She said and with her words, I smile to myself. Maybe letting him go is not easy but I know that I can do it.

“From now on, I will make myself busy and find new friends you know. I’ll start doing things that I want to do, discover things, meet new people and follow my heart and dreams.” I told her bravery.

“That is what I wanted to hear for so long! That’s my girl!” she beamed on the other line.

“Thank you Myra, for everything.” I told her sincerely.

“It’s nothing okay?”

We talked for awhile before we ended it I heard my brother complaining at the back asking what took her so long talking on the phone. Myra is a bit tease and wanted James to get jealous for a while. Torturing him saying that she is just talking to a friend, I heard James saying that it’s not cool blah blah blah…

That night, I let my mind wondering about Luke, on how he moved on so fast, how happy he is everywhere I look. I cry all night just thinking about everything we’ve been through.

This is going to be the last time I’ll cry for him.

    ***    

Three months later…    

“Samy! We want ice cream!” The twins at the back of my car won’t stop asking for a stop to ice cream parlor and my head were like going to explode any moment.

“I told you, after your class I’m going to pick you up and we will go there just not now okay?” I calmly said.

“No rolling of eyes!” I added.

I hear Danny giggles and said; “Too late, Jonny already did!” he happily said with clapping his hands.

I bit a smile, he found it amusing.

“I’m sorry Samy, I’m just stress.” Jonny said.

“That’s okay, I promise you after your class today that we will go to Ice cream parlor then maybe if you two were a good boys, I could also bring you to the park.”

They began to get wild once more, like cheetahs.

“Okay, we are finally here! So you two should be a good boy okay, listen to your teacher okay?”

“Okay! I love you Samy!” Danny said as he hugs me.

“Love you too!”

“Thank Samy! I hope you could bring us to school every day. Daddy and mommy never let us go to park after class; we just do it every weekend.” Jonny said after we hug.

“You two smile because we will work on it, you know that Samy needs to work too but of course I will always make time for you two.” I smile at them as I fix their uniforms.

I bring them to their room and leave after to go to my office.

  I now work on my father’s company. It was really fun and I just love everything about it. I’m a little bit fast learner so I manage or learned everything that papa wants me to know about it. The whole family and I also had our first time fly out of the country. We first went to Asia and then somewhere in United States of America these past few months and we really enjoyed it. I use some of my savings for contribution and James answered the rest. We really had a great time!

As I work here, I met new people and it’s really good you know. We are like a family here, a one big family. My papa has a good heart and everybody loves him here! They look up at him. Mama and papa helps a lot of people, we also do charity works that mama loves to do.  Our company is all about making stuffs like chairs, tables, cabinets and a lot more. It was really made by the hands of the people here, the quality was really good and it is not that expensive but it really looks expensive and that’s how we do it. While we are selling it, we are also helping thousands of workers here. We do also helping their children to have an education by sending them to school with full scholarship because we believe that education is the key to success.

I feel like I was born to work here. I don’t mind working too much because I know that it will be all worth it and I’m also helping a lot of people in some way. A lot of things were change inside three months and to say the least, I’m quite happy by the result of it.

I think I’ve already moved on.    

***

Hello, thank you for reading! Please don’t forget to vote, comment and share!

    ♥ Love you all.♥