Hello? It's Not Me, help.

I led myself through the Redwood forest with a dimly lit candle. 

You can do this, I said to myself, his house is right on this neck of the woods!

I shivered, my thin rain poncho offering little protection from the cold blasts of wind hitting me. I stopped.

Why was I doing this, anyway? They all say it's a myth, that- that he doesn't exist. I shouldn't be so foolish as to believe everything I see on the internet; especially  something that started out as a photo editing contest.

Feeling let down, I turn around, and begin to think about how I'll get home, with my backpack on my back filled with snacks and supplies to sustain life, I didn't really imagine me going back home to my mom and dad. I just figured I'd live there. 

I shrugged it off. Oh well.

Whispering, I heard whispering. 

"Hello?" I stammered, "Is it- is it you?"

The woods hummed loudly, the sound ringing in my ears. The darkness of the night made my candle look even more obsolete. 

With the final breath of the wind, my candle went out. 

I could hear my heart thumping in my ears. Please don't let it be him! I'm not ready, I wanna leave.

I heard leaves rustling behind me. Oh no.

A hissing sound came from behind me, and a I felt something tap my shoulder...

I yelped. 

I turned around and there he was. Tall as the trees, standing blankly at me with his smooth face.

I am Slenderman, it said, although I couldn't hear it physically. I've come to kill you. 

I looked at his face fully, and I began to feel dizzy.

No, please, I tell him with my mind, I don't know why, but I had a feeling he could hear me, don't, don't kill me, leave me.

He stepped towards me and let me lay on the ground. 

You've seen too much, he said, his voice creepily smooth as silk, goodbye...

I took my last breath, and he stabbed his arm into my chest. My own blood spilled out, and I screamed. 

"He's alive..." I groaned, those being my last words.

Scary Short StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara