chapter five

cheyenne's p.o.v

carl and i walked into the house, still on the south side of chicago, of course the house reeked of cigarettes, weed, and alcohol, but carl nor i didn't mind at all, were both used to it. the house was a bit run down, but most houses on the south side were, but it wasn't too bad. the house being kind of small wasn't to much of a problem either because there wasn't a lot of people, yeah sure there were probably fifty to seventy five teenagers in the house but wasn't a massive party, like people back at home would throw. there was chipped light blue paint on the walls, and picture frames hung on the wall down the hallway.

"do you want to get something to drink?" carl leaned over and asked me in my ear, so i could hear him over the loud music blaring in the house.
"yeah." i replied nodding. he grabbed my hand and lead me down the hallway into the kitchen where the drink table was, carl simply grabbed a bud light and as for me, i decided to just have pure vodka, i want to have a good time tonight, get drunk and high because i haven't done that at a party, let alone went to a party, in over a year now, because of juvie.
"pure vodka?" carl asked me cracking open his beer.
"yep." i smiled taking a drink, the burning sensation running down my throat, that i have so dearly missed. carl and i walked out of the kitchen with our drinks into the living room where the drugs were, where all the fun was going down. i looked at the multiple people in the room drinking and smoking. me and carl stood in the kitchen together talking and we both decided this wasn't our scene. we both just didn't talk to many other people and were getting tired of the loud music and voices screaming in and out of the kitchen.

"come on." carl said, he noticed i had heels and i wouldn't be able to run, very fast anyways. "come on, hop on my back." he said quickly. i did what he told me to and hopped onto his back, his hands resting on the bottoms of my legs, holding me up, but it didn't bother him, carl is strong, and i'm not very heavy. carl took off running with me on his back through the house and out the back door. i didn't question him at all, i just was silent as he continued running. we ran out the back yard and through the woods behind the house quickly, ending us up in an alley. carl continued running taking different turns, just to lose whoever was behind us, if anyone was behind us. before i knew it, i recognized where we were, we were on our street. carl stopped running and started walking at a normal pace.
"you're so fucking strong and fast, what the actual fuck?" i giggled as he still carried me on his back.
"didn't think i was that strong huh?" he chuckled as we approached my house. i hopped off his back.
"i guess not." i chuckled.
"way to doubt me babe." he smiled, i just smiled back.
"have a good night chey, get some sleep. i'll see you tomorrow." he smiled before planting an innocent peck onto my lips.
"wait carl." i stopped him and he turned back around.
"yeah?" he asked.
"do you wanna stay with me tonight?" i asked.
"hell yeah." he lightly smiled.

we walked into my house, the lights were turned off, because no one else was home. "wanna just smoke?" i questioned him. i saw a smile rise to his face, and with that we spent our night together, smoking, cuddling, talking, showering, and soon falling asleep together in my bed. if you were to ask someone else, it would sure look like we were in a relationship, and i was doing my best to not catch feelings.