chapter one

carl's p.o.v
after a long night of  liam waking up screaming from night terrors, i only got four hours of sleep, maximum. of course ian wouldn't budge waking up to take care of him and calm him down and since us three share a room, it left me waking up every thirty minutes to a hour the whole night, i thought about taking him into fiona's  room last night but decided not too because she does enough. i got out of bed to see liam and ian had already woken up and left the room, i walked downstairs being greeted by fiona.

"morning sleepy head, get any sleep last night?" she asked.
"about four hours of sleep maximum." i told her.
"liam's night terrors?" she asked.
"yeah." i nodded and took a plate of chocolate chip pancakes fiona had made this morning.
"where is everyone?" i asked noticing the house was oddly quiet and none of my siblings were at the table eating breakfast.
"liam is watching tv." she said pointing to the living room, "ian and lip are god knows where, they left early this morning, and debbie is across the street helping out the new neighbors. you should go and help or at least go introduce yourself, they have a girl your age." fiona rambled on while cleaning the dishes.
"i don't know, people really aren't my thing." i shrugged digging into my chocolate chip pancakes.
"well i want you to take liam over there because debbie called and they have another little boy liam's age, so you can atleast take him over there." she told me.
"alright, but just to take him over there." i responded.
"however you want to do it, but they're coming over for dinner tonight, so you'll have to introduce yourself." she shrugged finishing up the dishes.
"so that means be home by six, I want everyone here by six o'clock, youunderstand." she said looking at me.
"i got it fiona." i chuckled. i finished up my pancakes and put the dirty plate and fork in the sink and ran back upstairs to start getting ready for the day.

once i got out of the shower i walked into my room and threw on a pair of jeans, a black tee shirt, and a blue, grey, and black flannel over it unbuttoned. i looked in the mirror at my hair, i ran a comb through it and just let it be. i put on deodorant and some cologne and then put black socks on and black hightop shoes. i walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and then walked downstairs.

"liam let's go." i said walking into the living room to see him dressed and ready, fiona must have gotten him ready. he hopped off the couch and walked over to me and we walked out the door. i grabbed his hand as we crossed the street, i saw the moving trucks parked in the driveway and the moving guys were taking boxes inside. i looked up to see a short and petite girl sitting on top of the moving truck smoking a blunt.
"hey." i said, not really knowing how to approach her.
"who are you?" she asked jumping off of the moving truck, just like i would've, and god she was hot, she had pinpoint straight long brown hair, green eyes, and had a stud in her nose, she had her nose pierced.
"i'm carl, carl gallagher. i live across the street." i said pointing my house. "this is my little brother liam."  i added.
"i'm cheyenne, cheyenne milkovich, you can call me chey." she introduced herself, after exhaling the smoke from the blunt. "you smoke?"  she asked inhaling another hit.
"yea." i smirked after take the blunt out of her hand and putting it between my lips, inhaling and exhaling the smoke. "so why'd you move here, to chicago? especially to the south side?" i asked her carrying on the conversation. she grabbed anther blunt out of her bra along with a lighter and lit it, letting me keep this one.
"i just got out of juvie, you know wanted a new start. just so happen to come here to chicago, because we got a little bit of family that lives here." she shrugged. "you ever been to juvie?" she asked narrowing her eyes to me.
"yea, got out about a month ago." i answered, looking down to see liam was gone playing with the little boy his age in the front yard.
"what for?" she asked me. "drug dealing, i trusted a fucking retard with a mans job and he got caught and ratted me out." i explained.
"same, only i was the one who got caught, and the first time they caught me I kicked the cops in the balls and continued running, unfortunately for me, they caught me about 10 minutes later, was still running. i had to serve a year in juvie and now i got three years of probation." she explained exhaling smoke, god she's so hot.
"served a year and got two years of probation." i told her also exhaling smoke.
"damn, i'm guessing you're not staying clean." she chuckled.
"nope, you aren't either. i guess we got another badass over here." i smirked at her.
"the one and only baby." she smirked back. this girl was gonna be the death of me.