Chapter IV

MAX P.O.V

I burst into Victoria's room without knocking. She let out a surprised screech as i threw the door shut behind my back, but quickly regains her confident, usual bitchface.

"Jesus, Max! Seriously! What the fuck?"

I stomp upto her and shake her by her shoulders. I am trembling, this is not like me at all, but accusing me of such terrible things concerning Kate just seems to have hit a soft spot.

"You, you.. BITCH!" I am so enranged my rich vocabulary dissapears. I want to spit venom on her face.

"Chill out, Max. Stop it! Seriouly! Knock it off!" She yells at me.

"Why did you say those things about me? You're a terrible person, Victoria, you're terrible!"

"Oh, shut up! She pushes me away from her and takes a safe distance from me and my vengeful aura. "Come on, Max, both you and I know it's true. We all suspected you to be gay, but damn girl, loving a suicidal, slutty hoe. Are you really that dimwitted?"

Something snapped. I shoot out to her and punch her right in that nose-jobby nose of hers. Her head shoots backward, blood dripping on the third cashmir sweater. Damn, max. Three and counting!

"You'll be very sorry about that, you disgusting cuntsucker!" She threatens me with a hand pressing her nose. She sounds very funny speaking like that.

"You even sent her a postcard. She actually believes you're sincere. But you, Victoria, you don't deserve Kate's pureness. Do you know why, Victoria? Because your soul isn't worth saving. You're a monster, you will not get redemption, you simply do not deserve that." I come to my senses and find my cool again. She starts sobbing, her eyes almost instantly become red puffs.

"Just wait, Maxine Caulfield." She turns away from me. Staring out the window. Bitch should be searching a napkin. "This will get back to you, I swear. This will cost you your head." She points at her nose.

"It looks better that way. You're welcome." I walk towards her door and open it. Behind my shoulder I yell : "Don't talk about Kate ever again, Victoria, do you worst to me, but leave her out of this. You've already cost her too much." I slam her door shut behind me and leave a shook up Victoria in her lair.

I go straight to the hospital, quickly stopping at a store for some portable tea. I want to uphold our weekly tea session, It's become a wonderful tradition, and I'd waste all my time by watching Kate smile again. God, she deserves to smile.

When i get to Kate's room I notice people in her room. I peek through the door. I notice her father holding her mother's hand, and her two sisters sitting by the bedside, the one playing with Kate's hair, the other gently stroking her leg.
I back away from the window but Kate notices my presence in the corner of her eye. "Max!" I hear a happy cry come out of that room, It's Kate. I curse inside myself. Dangit, I don't want to ruin her family moment. I draw a deep breath and walk into the room. I great the family and hug Kate.

"Hey marshmellow, I brought you some tea. I'll put it down on your bedside table, and I'll just come back later, alright?" I shuffle towards the door. "I'm afraid I cannot just let you leave, miss Caulfield." She laughs playfully, her eyes twinkle a bit. "I missed you too much."

"but i don't want to ruin your family moment and-." I get interrupted by a kind, soft voice.

"Family never ruins family moments, we have waited for you, Maxine. Now we finally get to meet you in person." Her mother speaks on a humming tune, like she's singing a lullaby. And Kate's sisters nod approvingly.

"That's so sweet of you. That really touches me."
Her mother runs up to me and gives me a hug. Her father gives me a firm hand and thanks me for what I've done for them all over again. "Because now it's in person" he said.

We talked for a bit, I asked about Kate's youth and learned some really cute, emberassing childhood stories from her mother. Kate blushes and laughs.
"Mom stop it! You've said enough already!"

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, little Marshmellow." I giggle. "I never would have guessed you'd take wooden sticks for a liking." I laugh when she hides her face in her hands, trying to hold back her laugh.

"I did say enough. Oh boy, look at the time. We must get going, let's go honey, girls. She gives Kate a kiss and me a tight hug. They leave the room, but she pops her head back in. "Oh, and Kate. Always follow your heart. We are with you, always. "She winks at her and dissapears.

"I am happy you've reconnected so deeply with your mother again, Kate. It's amazing to see you laugh again."

"And you're the one who made that happen." She laughs and sips from her tea. I come sit next to her on the bed, close and cuddly. It's begun to rain outside, and the raindrops tockle on the window. I put my arm around Kate. She's holding her cup with two hands, looks up to me and smiles. There's an explosion of energy between us, and I lose all of my senses.
I feel the blood rushing through my body. I try to fight it but it's stronger than myself. I let go of it, and my lips crash against hers.