Chapter I

Max P.O.V.

I take photos. Of me, the world, everything. It may sound sad, but I have a blast. I always tried to live life at a safe distance, with my trusty polaroid in hand. But somehow that's not working out anymore. Not since..

Kate Beverly Marsh.

A fellow student at Blackwell Academy and a devout Christian. She's been having trouble coping with a viral video featuring her kissing several strangers at one of those terrible Vortex Club parties. The poor girl watches it to punish herself. I, however, believe she was drugged by Nathan, or perhaps even mister Jefferson. God knows I've tried to help her. And , in one way or another, I succeeded. She's still alive, after all. Woe those who made her try to jump off that building.

It's been two days since Kate's suicide attempt, and she has been hospitalized for treatment outside the city. Life goes on in and around Blackwell. The only thing that seems to be changed is Kate's little bunny that's now in my room until she gets back, and my constant thinking about Kate.

Why do I think of her so much? Surely because I saved her life? That's kind of a biggie..

I guess I just miss her, too. We used to have our weekly tea sessions, where we talked about good movies and laughed at each other's funny stories, and forgot about the bullies for a while. But since that damn viral video was released, she couldn't even crack up a smile anymore. I had almost forgotten how beautiful she looked when she laughed.

I do like Kate Marsh, She's so pretty AND sweet and friendly. It makes her more beautiful than the beeatches here like Victoria who think beauty is just your face and outfit.

I'll bury Victoria Chase and Nathan Prescott someday, I'll expose them. For Kate.

I feed her bunny, Alice, a carrot and go sit down on my bed. I look up to my wall, and take a polaroid picture that I had hung up against there. A polaroid of Kate smiling. I clench to it tight, and try to fight the tears that roll down my cheeks.