Chapter Eighteen

"Lauren, do you believe in soulmates?"

The small wolf-girl hybrid say happily on the floor in front of the television with her legs crossed.

"That's a random question, And a little over asked." Lauren raised a brow and grinned. Camila seemed to pay no mind to the remark and instead continued to watch the cheesy romance movie on the screen.

"Because all the televisions about werewolves, well they always talk about how they find a soulmate and it feels just like fate." The girl swooned with a smile and leaned forward to gently fall onto her stomach and kick her feet into the air.

"I don't know if I quite believe in the whole soulmates things. I don't believe in much really. Especially with everything that's been going on lately. It's hard to believe this was all meant to be." Lauren sighed. Normani put a hand on the girl's shoulder to comfort her, knowing she was talking about her mother.

"I think people have soulmates, Mila." The darker skinned girl answered truthfully. "It's something I've thought about for quite a while."

"I hope werewolves have soulmates, because ai want to find mine. That is what I am, isn't it? A werewolf."

Lauren let out a small laugh "No, camz. Werewolves can change between human and wolf. I think something went wrong and you got stuck in between." She commented sarcastically.

Camila furrowed her brow and frowned while jumping to her feet and walking up to the two girls sitting on the couch. "Then I guess I'm just a human now." She sighed.

Lauren giggled sweetly and reached to play with the tips of the girl's wolf ears. "Not quite, silly. Remember, humans don't have these."

"Well, mentaly healthy ones generally don't, no." Normani remarked and flipped the page of her magazine.

Camila frowned. It had always occurred to her that she wasn't necessarily a normal human, but it seemed to hurt more when Lauren admitted it herself. She was different, that's for sure. Lauren observed the girl as her ears drooped.

"Aw come on Camz. I'm sorry. You're just a special kind if werewolf. Maybe you're just learning how to change back and forth and it will take time." Lauren suggested with a smile, and Camila shrugged. "Don't be grumpy, puppy. How about we go out and get some ice cream or pizza?"

"We have to watch her diet still, remember Laur." Normani reminded her.

"Yeah yeah, don't be a buzzkill Mani. When was the last time you went out instead of studying?" Lauren stood up and headed for her room.

Normani sighed and turned to Camila, "Jesus, might as well before we have to start working for food." She sighed.

Lauren pulled off her shirt and bra before turned to her dresser to pull a new outfit out. Half of her hoodies seemed to be missing, probably in a pile next to the washing machine and covered in fur. She smiled and shook her head at the thought of Camila taking all of her hoodies to wear. It wasn't like the wolf-girl had anyone else to dress for, so Lauren found it rather pure and cute that it was all Camila wore. She picked out a shirt and bra from the dresser before turning around.

"You're pretty." The raven haired girl quickly covered her chest and turned red.

"Jesus christ, Camila. You almost scared me to death." Lauren let out a sigh of relief but Camila frowned and gave her a scared look.

"I did what?"

"No no, Camz, it's just an expression." Lauren laughed softly as she turned around so her back was facing the girl by the door.