Chapter Two

"Should we ask her why she's here? Or how?" Normani glanced over at the Cuban girl beside her.

"Well, she talks for a reason." Lauren rolled her eyes at Normani, and they both walked into the living room, seeing the wolf girl sprawled across the couch. Camila's legs were in the air, along with her arms, as she observed them, wiggling her digits and shaking her hands and feet.

"What is she..." Normani asked from a distance, while Lauren went ahead to confront the girl.

"Hey, Camila?" The girl's ears perked and she let her arms and legs fall back onto the couch as she turned to face Lauren. "Can we talk to you?" She asked. The girl nodded her head, sitting up right on the couch and making room for Lauren to sit. Normani walked over, attempting to sit on the couch, but both of the humans jumped when Camila emitted a low growl and flattened her ears. Normani, wide eyed, slowly stood back up, getting off the couch.

"What was that for?" Lauren questioned the wolf girl's hostility towards her roommate.

"She's mean." Camila shortly stated, folding her arms and giving the mean glare of a child to Normani.

"Well she's going to be talking with us, okay?" Lauren said, trying to be commanding. Camila huffed, and only flinched when Normani sat down once more. "So, we just wanna know, why are you here?"

Camila furrowed her eyebrows. "Because you rescued me. See? My paw hurt." She waved her hand in front of Lauren. There was a deep cut on it, but the blood had clotted. It was no longer dripping with red. 

"So you're the pup still. Does this happen often?" Lauren  shook her head, confused, and looked up at Camila.

"No, my paw doesn't usually get hurt but I fell when I was running." Camila said, oblivious to what Lauren was really asking.
"Not that. Do you usually turn into a werewolf?" Normani struggled not to snap at her, but her patience was running low.
"Oh, is that what I am?" Camila looked down at her body, pulling on the red sweatshirt she wore.

"She's not a werewolf." Lauren scolded, shooting a glare at Normani, then looking back at the confused Camila beside her.
"I look like you." Camila poked Lauren's side, causing the girl to jump and reach for her hand to move it away. "But I can't see your tail. And you have funny ears." She said, reaching for the side of Lauren's head, but Lauren quickly pulled back.

"Listen. We don't know what you are either. And to be quite honest, you're the one with funny ears." Lauren shot back, and Camila let out a giggle.
"So you don't usually turn into a half human?" Normani interjected. 
"No I do not. I have been a live for quite a while but this has never happened. Thirty-six moons." Camila spoke confidently with a smile.

"Moons? Like months? She's practically an infant." Normani pointed out.
"Aren't there like, dog years though?" Lauren asked, and Camila was once again distracted by her ears, reaching out only to be stopped once more.
"Oh yeah. Like seven for every year. That makes her twenty-one." Normani nodded her head, impressed.

"But she has the mentality of a five year old." Lauren finally gave in to Camila's multiple attempts to play with her ears, and sat still as the other girl took it in between her hands; tugging, folding, and rubbing the cartilage.

"So you've been a wolf-dog your whole life? How do you know how to speak?" Lauren asked, trying to finally pull the girl's hand away.

"I have been with humans before. I was born from a dog mother. Her humans were mean and didn't like that I was a wolf too and kicked me out." She pouted, then suddenly stood up. "I am hungry." She began walking towards the kitchen unexpectedly.
"Woah, wait." The two humans said, following the girl, who had already began to shuffle through cabinets, throwing out boxes and cans behind her.