I must have been sitting there longer than I had thought, because soon enough, Jay was back standing in the room, frowning at me. "Not hungry?"

"I don't think I like spaghetti," I turn my nose up, dropping my fork. "Can I still see what the surprise is though?"

Jay smiles faintly, but in a crazy type of way. "I guess so. Come here."

I quickly push myself away from the table and hop down out of my chair, making my way over to Jay as he turns and walks into another room, expecting for me to follow. I do so as my eyes scan everything all over again, feeling as if it was the first time I've been in here, but that was a lie. I've explored this whole place fifteen times out of boredom.

The only room I've never been in was Jay's room, which was exactly where he was leading me.

Something in my gut twisted. "Jay-"

"Come on, it's in here," he motions to me as he walks through the door, but I was trying to figure out what to expect. For some reason, in my mind, I pictured darkness and terrible things inside, but I was more than wrong.

Jay's room was something I never would have expected. When I stepped inside, the scent of men's fragrance instantly came to my nose. The smell reminded me of my father. After the scent came the pictures I saw on the wall; ones of Jay with people I didn't know.

He continues to walk into the room farther before opening a cabinet up, doing something that I couldn't see. My eyes dance across the space, taking in each and every photo and object as if I was never going to see it again, which might be true.

"Jay?" I breathe, staring at one of the photos on the wall of him and another girl. "Who are all of these people?"

Jay doesn't even look back at me. "People from a past life. They don't matter anymore."

Something in my mind made me say it before I could stop myself. "What happened to them?"

He stops rummaging through the cabinet as he looks back at me, a look washing across his face I've never seen before. "I said they don't matter anymore."

I bite my tongue then, knowing I stepped over some type of line. He stares at me for a long moment before turning back and doing whatever he was doing before, but I continued to look around at the photos. The one that stuck out to me most was one of him and some girl smiling into the camera, looking to be at some park. It was weird to see Jay smiling like that.

"Here," he says, snapping me from my little daze. I look back and see that he was now standing in front of me, holding out a set of clothes. "Put them on."

I grab them, holding them up to see that it was a black pair of pants, a black shirt, and a black hat. He then hands me a pair of shoes, which were also black, but made out of a different type of material I wasn't used to. It reminded me of Jay's suit.

"What's this?" I ask faintly, remembering how Jay was mad at me seconds ago. I didn't want to say the wrong thing again.

He nods towards it. "It's apart of the surprise. Put it on and meet me back in the kitchen, okay?"

I watch him as he walks around me and shuts the door behind him, leaving me alone in his room. I stare down at the clothes in my hands, still curious as to what all of this was about.

But I knew I was about to find out.

-*+*-

"Jay, what is this place?" I say, staring at the tall building in front of me. There was a flashing light at the top that said something I couldn't read; curse my terrible eyes.