Kuroo Tetsuroo

From child's point of view

When I was a newborn baby, my mother passed away, she died giving birth to me. My father was there for me ever since.

I was in school one day, the teacher told us to write about our father, since Father's Day was coming up. I wrote the feelings I've know for a very long time.

We were walking home that day, Father's Day, I gave him the card, walking through the park, having a grand ol' time. When he read it, we came to a stop. I was a couple steps in front of him, head down, tears threatening to fall.

I love my dad.

He's the only person that's always been there for me.

He's been doing two roles all my life, mother, and a father.

It's been 10 years, the things he does to keep us on our feet.

When he leaves for work, he'd kiss my forehead, when he's out the door, he'd wave before closing, then is back about eight hours later.

Then he'd come home, cook for me, not eating anything, he just sits there smiling at me.

When we go out for a walk through the park, he'd make sure he'd always get me a Popsicle, even if I said no.

My father could be superman, but superman doesn't lie.

He lies about not being hungry.

He lies about having a job.

He lies about not being tired.

Dad, I love you, so much.

Thank you for being there for me, thank you for looking after me, mom would of been proud...

Happy Father's Day.

My dad didn't have a proper job, he volunteered at different places earning a few dollars. I was walking home from school one day, across the street from my father, he didn't know I was there, he was yelling at a man saying, "Please! I need the money! I have a daughter at home who needs to be fed!" He had a really sad look on his face.

The night before, I only ate a small amount of food, telling him I was full. He nodded, I told I was tired and that I was going to bed, I hid behind the corner seeing him eating the rest of the food that I left. It broke my heart to see my father in that state.

That day, he only earned about 20 dollars. My heart broke, that's when I decided it was also my turn to help.

I skipped school, going to local places to see if I could help. An old man from the farm that was near by, he'd given me a job, I told him the absolute truth on why I needed the job, "My father works very hard, but doesn't get paid enough to buy enough food for himself, I know he goes out in the middle of the night trying to earn more money. We live in a nearby cottage, not electricity, only a fireplace, running water, and one room. Please, I want to help my father."

After that, I worked after school, I told my dad that I had joined a club, I wasn't home until six each night. Food would be ready, warm, he'd be asleep on the old couch across the room.

About a month after, I earned so much money, it was enough to feed both of us for a week.

One day I fell asleep in their field, the old man walked me home, absolutely devastated about how we lived, then really understood why I wanted to help. My dad walked out, looking awfully sick, pale, his weight was way under than it should be. The old man asked my father if he could talk to him, they talked in the kitchen as I watched them converse from the other side of the room.

They talk for about half hour, at the end of it, my dad gave the old man a huge hug, thanking him over and over.

I was confused, I walked over and said, "Dad? What's going on?" Tugging on his shirt.

"Baby girl, we've found a new home." He cried into my shoulder. I looked up at the old man. He was giving us a big grin.

He told my father to live with him and his wife.

From that day on, we lived a happy life. My father help work with the old man, as I was in school, from high school. I got a scholarship to one of the biggest schools in Japan.

I became a doctor, I bought us a home of our own, letting the old couple rest in peace.

Fed my father.

Took care of him as he got older.

Here I am, sitting beside him, trying not to cry, as his heart beat starts to slow down.

"I love you dad. You were my superman, make sure to tell mom I said hello." Your daughter lost her father that day.

But a new life was brought into the world, your daughter gave birth to a baby boy, and named him Tetsuroo.

Year after that, she gave birth to a baby girl, and named her (Your name)...

---

I cried while writing this! I hope you enjoyed it!