1~

Barry Allen had been running around Central City for about ten minutes, his red lightning shining behind him, alerting the people of the city that The Flash was around. Most didn't pay attention. Before he knew it, Cisco had begun speaking in his ear. 

"Barry!" Cisco said, his voice sounding frantic and worried. "Zoom's hot on your trail right now. He's only a few blocks away! He's found you. You need to find a way to avoid him!"

Barry's eyes widened. Zoom. Just the name raised goosebumps to his skin and made a twinge of nervousness appear into the pit of his stomach. 

"What? Where can I-" He couldn't finish his sentence, because he was suddenly sent flying into a wall, as if he were thrown. He winced, before looking up to meet the demon-looking face of his enemy in front of him. His eyes held fear, and he didn't move. 

"Hello again, Flash," Zoom growled, before reaching his hand out. Then Barry's vision went black.

Barry awoke with a gasp, shooting up in the bed. He was covered in small sweat beads, and his heart was racing with fear. He looked around, before realizing that it had only been a dream. Sighing, he lays down again. Barry flinches when he feels a pair of arms wrap around him, and he looks over, alarmed. Again, he relaxes when he saw that it was only Patty.

Patty stirs in her sleep, but wakes up when she feels him flinch. Her eyes slowly open, and she looks at her boyfriend. "Barry, are you okay?" That's when it all came back to him. He and Patty had gone on a date, and he had stayed the night at her house.

He nods a bit, wrapping his arms around her as well. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry," he says quietly and reassuringly. Patty simply nods, quickly falling back to sleep. Barry doesn't go to sleep immediately as well. No, he falls asleep after worrying about Zoom returning to this Earth for about half an hour, wondering if what happened in his dream could happen in real life. He sure hoped not. He didn't want to face the wrath of Zoom again so soon. He wasn't ready, and he, Cisco, Caitlin, and Harrison Wells from Earth-2 didn't have a plan to defeat Zoom yet.

~~~

"Wake up," Patty whispered, shaking Barry just a little. "Barry, come on, you need to wake up," she said a little louder, shaking him more.

Barry soon woke up, and slowly but surely, his eyes soon opened. He turned his head so he could look at Patty, and smiled. "Hey," he said, his voice still filled with sleep. It was slightly deeper because of the sleep in it.

"Hi there, sleepy-head," Patty says, smiling in return before she pecks his lips. "If you're hungry, I can make something for us to eat. I have to head to the station soon, but we need breakfast."

Barry pondered on the thought, but just as he opened his mouth to speak, his phone began to go off on the bedside table. "Just a moment," he said to Patty, before he sat up, looking over and grabbing his phone. Patty simply got up and out of the room to give him privacy. Barry looked at the caller ID to see that it was S.T.A.R. Labs. Oh, god, he thought to himself. This can't be good. Anytime they called, it usually meant he had to go and do something. "Hello?" 

"Barry, I know you're at your girlfriend's, but we really need you here," Cisco said, and in the background, typing and Caitlin's voice could faintly be heard. "It's an emergency."

Barry was immediately more awake. "What is it?"

"Our friend Captain Cold is back. We've tracked him down, he's at a bank. I've also managed to hack into the security cameras because I'm just that awesome, and he's holding everyone hostage. I think he's going to freeze anyone that moves, and probably the CCPD when they arrive. You need to hurry," he said, and Barry then hung up. He got out of the bed, heading to the room Patty was in.