06 ━ THREATS

DESTRUCTION.
( chapter six. )

Edited 04/29/2018

Edited 04/29/2018

  ANDREA HEAVED AN EXHAUSTED sigh, kicking the door of her apartment closed behind her. She didn't care for the police tape anymore, she wanted to be somewhere she could think without being nagged. A frown was prominent on the female's lips as she then dropped her keys onto a nearby stand.

  Now that she'd walked off a good majority of her anger, she felt some-what ashamed and guilty for how she'd reacted.

  She knew that she wasn't neccessarily at fault. But, to imagine that one of her teammates─ one of her friends─ could get injured or, in the worst case scenario, killed, made her feel horrible. The words she'd spoken could've possibly been the last she would ever say to one of them.

  The brunette groaned, turning and pressing the back of legs against the arm of the couch before falling backwards onto the cushions. She stared up at the ceiling, thoughts firing every which way. She didn't want to think about Strucker or the serum, but they seemed to be the only matter on the female's mind.

  The entire situation was so confusing that it made her level of comprehension feel almost nonexistent. Her train of thought was mud and it left her unable to properly think about the ordeal. Andrea pressed the heels of her palms against her closed eyes, another sigh escaping her lips.

  She was thoroughly done with the events of the day.

  The Jones woman turned her head as the sound of the house phone ringing suddenly came from her right. She reached over to grab the device from her coffee table, not bothering to check the caller ID as she answered. Bucky didn't have one and, even despite her guilt, Andy was still hoping that Steve wouldn't call.

  "Hello?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side so that she could fit the phone between her shoulder and ear. For a moment, there was only silence, before a breathy chuckle was heard on the other line. "I was trying to think of something charming to say but nothing came to mind." Bucky admitted, his tone almost sheepish.

  Andy bit her lip, a weak attempt to keep the smile on her lips from forming into a grin. "That sentence in itself was charming enough." She replied, her own chuckle escaping. Bucky laughed along with her for a moment before the line fell into a comfortable silence between the two.

  "How are you?" The female finally questioned, turning on her side to face the TV. She kicked off her shoes, pulling the blanket she'd abandoned on the couch over her body. The brunette sighed pleasantly as she then curled up comfortably on the cushions, completely content.