18 ━ DOWN BELOW

DESTRUCTION.
( chapter eighteen.)

  WHEN ANDREA AWOKE, IT was to Thor staring down at her in curiosity

  WHEN ANDREA AWOKE, IT was to Thor staring down at her in curiosity. "And this is comfortable for you?" He asked, angling his head to get a better view of Andy drooling from her chin.

  "Absolutely," she muttered, wiping at her face. She was too exhausted to be embarrassed. Andy took Thor's outstretched hand, allowing him help her up.

  "We found what Ultron was trying to hide," the God told her, leading the Jones woman out of the supply closet. How he had even found her was a mystery, but she figured it had something to do with Steve's irritated expression.

  "We've been looking for you," he said plainly, glaring as she approached.

  Andrea rolled her eyes as she walked past him, "Sorry, I was incredibly busy having a passionate make-out session with a Norse god."

For that, Steve had no reply, and she was surprised to find that it was an efficient end to the beginnings of an argument.

Andy joined the rest of the team in a room still scattered with boxes. "What's the objective?" She asked, immediately regretting the question as everyone turned to her.

It was an uncomfortable situation, given that her team had no subtlety.

  Tony was the first to speak, "People who still take naps during the day aren't allowed to listen in on the adult conversations, sorry."

  She flicked him the middle finger, accompanied by a sickeningly false smile. The banter did nothing to ease her suspicion. With their cautious stares, it was clear her disappearance had set them off.

  "So," she breathed out, "Is someone going to fill me in, or are you all going to keep staring at my pretty face?" Andy tried to keep the resentment out of her voice.

  It was hard not to be bitter when everyone made her feel like she was a walking land mine; something to tread around carefully. They had promised they wouldn't do this, and she hated to admit that it stung.

  Natasha cleared her throat, "Ultron is investing in vibranium."

  Andy furrowed her brow, grateful for the turn in conversation. "Where does Ultron think it's going to source that kind of material from?" Vibranium was rare, and those who knew where to get it were even rarer.

  "Ulysses Klau," Steve cut in, and the name struck a familiarity she couldn't quite place.

  She quickly pushed the feeling aside. "So, what?" Andy asked, "Are you just planning to get to Klau before Ultron does?" The skepticism in her voice made it clear that she didn't agree.