chapter six

Jaemin

Taeyong treats Ana in this special way somehow. I've seen the way he looks at her and all. He...likes her? That's why he's so overprotective. She deserves to know, besides isn't it a man's pride to have his feelings known.

"Isn't it obvious? He likes you Ana."

"Wha-what, no. He's my best friend." She says with an awkward tone voice.

I sigh. "Then ask him yourself or something, I know he does. For sure."

"We'll see, if he doesn't like me then you will have to be my assistant for a whole day," she says daringly, I could only imagine the type of conniving smile she has on right now. I mean, talk about bipolar. How can she just switch up like that?

"Whatever you say, although I'm right." I reassure. I know I'm right.

"If he does like me by any chance, it won't do him any good though, I don't want to get involved with anyone romantically. As of now, I'm independent. Nothing will get past being close friends. If we're good friends we should just stay good friends."

What is this? Is she actually...opening up to me? She's never really told me anything deep. Wow.

Taeyong

It's about 2am in the morning and the restroom is all the way at the other side of our camp--why do they have to do us like this, anti-lazy maybe.

I run over as quick as I can and over hear some voices.

"Isn't it obvious, he likes you."

I peek over the bush I was hiding and see that it's Jaemin and Ana, it was dark but I could easily make out their figures.

"Wha-what, no that's impossible he's my best friend."

"Then ask him yourself, I guarantee he will confess."

How does he know?! Wait, why am I hiding in the first place?

"If he does like me by any chance, it won't do him any good though, I don't want to get involved with anyone romantically. As of now, I'm independent. Nothing will get past being close friends. If we're good friends we should just stay good friends."

Mmm, that actually kind of hurts? I take off my shoes in hopes of not being heard and tiptoe back to my tent.

-

Since the day Taeyong had overheard Ana's response to his feelings for her he had kept his distance. Ana had noticed Taeyong being distant from her and wondered if she had done anything wrong. They've never really been into big arguments or anything and this was a first for her.

Jaemin and Ana had gotten closer to each other and it had only hurt Taeyong much more. It started off with Jaemin picking up Ana from class, to helping her study every now and then to even dropping her home.

The two had went to the movies once and Ana didn't even make the effort to tell her own best friend about it. It felt as if she had found a new best friend.

The whole NCT club had noticed that Jaemin's spirit and cheerfulness had gone way past their senior Yixing's imaginary unicorns, he had seemed to always be busy nowadays even after school, not to mention weekends.

"I'm quitting the club," Taeyong announces and the whole room fills with gasps.

"It'll be just like a little break, I promise to join again when I come back."

Everyone looks in confusion. Really? If you're gonna come back then why not just stay as you are and not quit.

"I'm going to move to Busan for a while so I won't be attending SSOA either."

"Wait , why are you-"

"I have my personal reasons."

a/n
ayo, if you live in ca, hmu :) i need friends for when i go there ;-;