18. Tension in Tournament

A/N: I am here to thank you all for reading my book! If any of you read the first one and read this afterwards....*sniff sniff* *cried* Arigatou for your loyalty!! So, now after 17 chapters you will witness Teiko's strength--that I made up--and what is the fruit of Kaiga's mother's--Me--training in the following chapters. Yes, Kaiga's mother is me because he's my own character plus, I have a separate story about Miokia but I don't want to publish it because it's a crossover story of many anime.

So, have fun reading! Ja'ne!

---

3rd Person's P.O.V

It's time for the Inter School Basketball Tournament--if that is what you call it--and everyone, supporter, enthusiast and other--you name it--are going in the venue to watch the first round of the 1st block.

"Woah! It would be tough for Akirane this year," a man said as he look at the board where different blocks are written. Akirane Middle School's first opponent is the reigning champion of the Tournament, Teiko Middle School.

"Yeah, I kinda pity them. They're going against monsters," his friend said and looked at the other side of the board and his eyes first landed on Seijoh Middle School. "And aren't there rumors that three of the Living Prodigies are in Seijoh Middle School?"

"Huh?" The first man said as he looked at the other block to see the kanji character of Seijoh, "Uhh yeah. Well, it's not just rumors now, it's official.  Mitsuchi, Yamamoto and Mibuichi are in Seijoh."

"That only means, Teiko is in a big challenge this year too,"  the second one said as another man with brown hair pass through them and turned to look at the huge board and saw the two powerhouse schools.

"Teiko.... Seijoh... Kiseki no Sendai.... Living Prodigies," a sigh escaped his mouth and walked into the venue with his hands inside his pocket.

---

The crowd cheered on their seats inside the gym yelling cheers for the teams they support.

"Teiko Teiko Go Go Go!" The Teiko supporters chanted behind a blue banner with Teiko's name written on it. Finally, the host of the Tournament, Taichi Kudo, stepped in the middle of the court with a mic in his hand as the crowd stopped into silence.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the annual Inter-School Basketball tournament of the Middle School level! Today and in the next few weeks, we will witness the strength of different schools but only one will reign! We all witnessed that last year, Teiko Middle School was the victor of this tournament but this year, there will be a new competitor in the tournament! The new and improve Seijoh Middle School!" The Seijoh supporter goes wild as Taichi Kudo brought out a smirk similar to his brother and nephew.