He nodded. "That's good progress."

"Yeah?"

He nodded again.

Raphael turned around and continued cleaning with body facing the other way so I couldn't see his face. It didn't mean anything, I told myself.

He probably just thought I was stupid and labeled me as one of those broken hearted puppies who never seemed to have a clue on what was going on around them.

"We should have dinner soon," I said, peering out the window a few shelves later.

"Are you hungry?"

"Aren't you?"

He shrugged, tucking the rug in the back pocket of his jeans. "Let's order something, then."

Raphael called up a restaurant and stepped outside for a smoke as he ordered. I sneaked glances at him as I finished up some of the last shelves. Watched the way he held the cigarette between his fingers as his lips moved when he spoke.

He turned around to look inside mid conversation and caught me looking.

I tore my gaze away, bending my head down over the jewelry box in my hand. I traced the intricate design with my thumb before placing it back.

The bell jingled and I glanced up to see Ben wander in, eyes instantly scanning the store.

"Raphael dropped by to help, I see."

"Yeah." I cleared my throat. "Made it a lot easier."

Ben met my eyes before looking back at the shelves. "Looks better than it has in ages. You should have the rest of the time off."

"There's still over an hour until nine."

He waved his hand. "You cleaned all the shelves, you can clean the other parts of the store tomorrow."

"Thanks," I said.

He dropped a few things off in the backroom before locking the door behind him.

He tossed me a key on his way out. "Here, lock up after."

I thumbed the key in my hand with a nod.

He said goodbye to Raphael, who just stepped in as he left.

"That went well. Food should be here in a few minutes. Are we finishing up the shelves?"

I shook my head. "I did the last of it while you were outside."

"Oh, you mind if I wait for the food?"

"Not at all. I'll just," I gestured at the counter.

He understood, wandering off between the shelves.

I did what I had to do, then slumped against the chair with relief when it was all over. Before quickly finding Raphael between the shelves and walking up behind him.

He held up an old wooden mannequin head, scratched and dull with age. "You think they used this for holding up wigs?"

I took a step forward to hold it in my own hands, examining it closer. "Maybe."

"Maybe," he echoed, "it was used as a murder weapon."

I eyed him doubtfully. "Why would you think that?"

"I'm pretty sure a lot of things in here were somehow involved in murder cases."

"You're making up stories to unsettle me," I said, returning the head to its original place.

He smiled up at me. "Is it working?"

I liked how his face looked so close to mine, so I didn't move away when his toes almost stepped over mine. "You'll have to try harder."

My eyes fell to his lips. I wondered if he'd ever kissed someone like me before. A mess.

"I can't," he said, and my heart squeezed so painfully that my lips parted as I tried to breathe.

"Can't what?" I managed to get out.

"This."

And then his lips were on mine and it was like the lights overhead simultaneously combusted, burst into sparks that flew in every direction and somehow managed to cover me from head to toe.

My skin tingled where his made contact, brushing over my arms as he leaned closer still. Like just having his lips against mine wasn't enough. He needed more, I needed more.

He pushed me against the shelves so their sharp edges bit against the small of my back, but the pain subsided faster than lightening as his kisses grew more dimension.

He pulled back, eyes downcast and hooded. "This," he said again.

My fingers found the back of his neck, that sliver of skin I was staring at just minutes ago, and I pulled him in again.

This one lasted a little longer. Tongues twisted and broke apart just to collide again and I felt my nails involuntary dig into his neck, guaranteed to leave marks.

He pulled back again. "There."

"Why?" I asked him, loosening my hold on his neck.

"I like complicated. You?"

I scrambled to come up with a quick response. "If I said I wanted to see more of your skin will you punch me or kiss me harder than before?"

He kissed me harder than before. 

So hard that my knees trembled and I relied entirely on the shelves to hold me up.

"Food should be here soon," he murmured, lips moving across my neck.

I didn't pay attention. Couldn't even if I wanted to. His lips were too soft and I was too well aware of the proximity of his hips.

"Maybe next time we should order food after we make out."

"We'd never order if we did that."

"Good point. Then before," I said, as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Solid plan."

"Did you expect any less?"

"No. Not really."

Imagine if Raphael used the mannequin head to bash Jake's skull in and that was it. THE END JAKE DIES OH WELL. Lol. 

Dw he doesn't actually die. Not until he's like 80 or something. 

k bye thanks for reading