Magic Bullet

A woman driving a Kia Soul scoffs at the radio report about "animal attacks" plaguing Beacon Hills. She freshens her lipstick and bops to the music on the radio. The alpha starts chasing her car and looks at her through the driver's side window. She doesn't notice anything wrong immediately but gets a strange feeling and starts checking in her mirrors and over her shoulder. She's so distracted she nearly hits a car at an intersection and slams on the brakes.

The woman is Kate Argent.

While sitting at the intersection, she hears something up on the roof. As she's reaching toward the back seat, the alpha smashes in her window and grabs her. It tries to pull her out of the car, but she shoots through the roof with a sawed-off shotgun and then escapes through the passenger side. She taunts him, but the alpha is gone.

Scott wakes up to the sound of gunfire. He tries to ignore it, but it's quickly followed by a werewolf's howl, so he puts on his clothes to go investigate.

Kate opens the back of her SUV to switch weapons. She chooses a rifle and some special bullets kept in a wooden case.

Allison notices her father leaving in the middle of the night and asks him what's going on. He tells her that Kate texted and asked him to pick her up. Allison notes that it's 2am, but Chris tells her that Kate just has a flat tire so it's nothing to worry about.

Derek is also out tracking the alpha. He finds some blood on the ground and then glances up to see the alpha on a rooftop. It snarls at him and runs, and Derek follows, busting out some parkour moves as he leaps through the warehouse district and up the side of the building. Kate is heading the same direction. As Derek leaps between rooftops, Kate gets him in her sights and shoots. Derek falls hard.

Chris pulls up and orders Kate into the car. "Not even a hello, nice to see you?" "All I've got at the moment is 'Please put the assault rifle away before someone notices,'" he says. Kate tells him that she saw two werewolves and one of them tried to kill her.

Scott has also found this little corner of the industrial park, and he listens in on the Argents. Chris tells his sister that the beta can't lead them to the alpha if she kills him first. She counters that she won't be doing any hunting if she's dead. He asks how long it will take the beta to die, and Kate says about 48 hours.

Derek examines the wound in his arm. The entry wound glows with a blue-purple light, and he's clearly worried.

The next morning, Allison squeals as she says hello to Aunt Kate. Kate hasn't seen her for a year, and she compliments Allison on her runway model looks. Allison admits to having a boyfriend, and Kate is pleased with the news. When Allison goes to help unpack, Kate stops her from unzipping her weapons bag and apologizes for gripping her so hard. Allison asks if her car is okay, and Kate replies that she needed a jump start. She didn't coordinate her story with Chris, and Allison knows that something's odd.

Later, in World History class, Stiles asks Scott who bit him if Derek isn't the alpha. Scott doesn't know. Stiles asks if the alpha killed the bus driver, and Scott says he doesn't know that either, much to Stiles's displeasure. Another question occurs to him and he asks Scott whether Chris Argent knows anything about the other werewolf, and Scott tells him rather loudly that he doesn't know.

Stiles gets his history test back and he got an A. Scott got a D-. "Dude, you need to study more," Stiles says. Scott doesn't laugh, and Stiles tries to make him feel better by telling him that one test doesn't matter that much and he can make up the grade elsewhere. He even offers to help Scott study. Scott tells him that he's studying with Allison after school, and Stiles is thrilled. Scott insists they're just studying, but Stiles is having none of that. "Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you." Stiles threatens Scott with castration if he wastes the opportunity of being alone with Allison. Scott asks Stiles if he'll stop with the questions, and Stiles agrees that he won't talk about the alpha or Derek, especially Derek, who he says still scares him.