16 to 19

I'm 16 and I'm living with my uncle and his family ,my mum died recently and my dad is probably drunk in a gutter some where.
My uncle has always been there for me as a replacement dad and my trainer,I've studied martial arts since I was 4 years old ,he's a 6 Dan and has his own multi martial arts (mma) gym and I had taken this up as my chosen career with a fight lined up after Xmas.
I was brought up fighting as my mum was a violent drunk so I learned how to take a punch and give at a very early age,I think that's why my uncle started to teach me at 4 years old because he knew his sister in law was a bit of a nutter.
I'd never had a boyfriend or girlfriend in fact I'd never even kissed anyone up to that time.
I had a small circle of friends all from the gym, my best friend was Rose her boyfriend worked at the gym and me and her got on well .
After my mum passed away ,drank and smoked herself to the grave,my life changed. my wardrobe consisted of black ,every item of clothing I had even underwear was black I emptied the whole lot into black bin bags( apt or what) and the whole lot went to Oxfam ,all apart from one dress I'd never worn ,think its known as the little black number,my aunt got me it but I'd never worn it,I then went shopping and bought reds yellow oranges clothes that made me feel happy not a glimpse of black anywhere .then off to the hairdressers ,I cannot recall when it was cut last but I wanted to change so after nearly 3 foot of hair gone I ended up with a bobbish style and I felt so different .