"Lately, I've been experiencing vomiting, nausea, and weight gain. When I first started vomiting, I thought I'd caught a stomach bug but I realized it just hasn't gone away and the nausea is random. As for the weight gain, it came so fast." She explained.

"We're going to test you for pregnancy but also any STI's or other illnesses that could possibly cause those symptoms. We're going to need a blood and urine sample from you. Is that fine?" The doctor asked. Tatyanna hesitantly nodded.

"Nurse Janet!" Dr. Hackney shouted towards the door, summoning a nurse.

"Yes, Dr. Hackney?" She asked, waiting on his command.

"I'm going to need a blood and urine sample from Ms. Webb. Can you do that for me, please?"

"Sure thing, doc." The nurse replied before coming in and setting up the supplies to collect the samples. She pulled out a long needle and connected a sample tube to it before taking blood from Tatyanna's arm and giving her a cup so she could pee in. When Tatyanna came back into the room, the nurse left with both of her samples leaving us alone once again.

My stomach growled loudly, breaking the silence. I nudged Missy causing her to look up at me. "You hungry?" I whispered to her. She stubbornly shrugged and went back to ignoring my presence. "Well I'm hungry." I told her but she didn't say anything.

Three small knocks sounded off. "Come in!" Tatyanna shouted.

Dr. Hackney walked in with his clipboard in hand. "Ms. Webb, you are fifteen weeks pregnant. Congratulations."

"Thank you, doctor." She said with a forced smile on her face.

"I'm going to prescribe you with prenatal vitamins, give you the paperwork stating that you are pregnant, and pamphlets on your options and maintaining a healthy pregnancy." He said before handing over everything. "That should be all for today. I'll see you next time and good luck. And again, nice meeting you two." He said.

"Thanks a lot, doc." Tatyanna said as he walked out.

Without saying anything Missy stood to her feet, grabbed her bag, and exited the room. I took a moment to silently prepare to feel Missy's wrath before going out to check on her. "Tatyanna, we'll talk some otha' time. Prolly' over dinner wheneva' my wife is okay ta' talk. And congrats." I said before exiting the room as well. I hurriedly made an exit and rushed to the car. The driver hopped out and opened the door displaying a distraught Missy. I climbed in, thanking him, and scooted over to Missy. Surprisingly, she didn't scoot away. You could see that she had no more fight left in her.

"I don't even wanna talk. Just take me home." She spoke through her heart-wrenching weeps as her head remained hanging down. Despite her request for silence, I spoke anyway. I love my wife and I wanted her to know that, no matter what. "Missy, I'm sorry. I didn't think shit would get dat deep. I was jus' fuckin' wit ha' while you was away. Rememba' how we talked about it being okay if I have casual sex? She jus' happened ta' be the main female I was doin' dat wit. I know dis prolly don't make it no betta' but I ain't cheat on you. I fucked up and na' look at what I've done. I made my baybeh cry." I wiped her tears away. "I know you not gon' forgive me no time soon but I'on want our marriage ta' be filled wit' sorrow and pain nomo' so can we try ta' get past this?" I pleaded.

Being her usual stubborn self, she shrugged her shoulders without ever looking my way. "Well do you still luh me?" I asked. She hesitated but she nodded. "Good 'cause I sho' do luh you. And you wanna know something else?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders once again.

"Next time you tell somebody dat ya' last names is James, I'm blacking your eyes. Both of 'em." I said.

A week later...