5.

August

"I can't believe I'm here with you right now. I can't fucking believe you." I heard Missy mumble under her breath as her voice trembled. She'd been crying in the car on the way to the doctor's office and even in the waiting room. Tatyanna text me the address of the obgyn she usually goes to so we could meet her here but she didn't walk through the door yet.

"Missy, I'on know how this happened. I was dealin' wit ha' while you was away but I didn't expect fa' dis ta' happen, I swear."

"Oh, I know how it fucking happened." She said. "You put your dick in her raw."

I leaned my head back against the wall and looked up in desperation. Understanding that she's angry, I said nothing but her sarcasm wasn't what I needed at all. I'm just as frustrated and shocked as she is. A few minutes had passed before Tatyanna walked through the doors of the obgyn's waiting room.

"There she go." I pointed her out. Missy rolled her eyes and slouched into her seat a bit. "I know you mad, baybeh but jus' be cordial wit' ha'. The situation bad but I'on wanna make it worse." I told her.

"I'll try." She dryly replied.

"Hi." Tatyanna shyly greeted once she approached us.

"Hey. Tatyanna, dis' my wife, Missy. Missy, dis' Tatyanna." I introduced the two.

"Hi, Missy. Nice meeting you." Tatyanna spoke in her usual bubbly tone while Missy grilled her. I felt sorry for the poor girl, she didn't know what she was getting into when it came to Missy. When she realized Missy wouldn't shake her hand, she took a seat in the chairs across from us.

"Webb!" A nurse stepped out and called Tatyanna's last name. 

"Do you want to come back with me or wait out here?" Tatyanna asked as she stood to follow the nurse.

"Uhh," I looked at Missy who didn't seem to care. "sure." I replied, picking up Missy's purse and holding out my hand for her to grab, which she didn't. She completely disregarded my hand and walked off, following the nurse.

"Room two. Dr. Hackney will be with you in a minute." The nurse said. When we got in the room, the tension had gotten so thick it was suffocating. It wasn't as awkward in the waiting room since there were other things to distract us from the situation at hand but the silence in the room was killing me.

"Sooo..." I trailed off, hoping someone would spark up a conversation.

"Listen Missy, I know you wish you didn't have to deal with this and I hate that we had to meet under such circumstances but I'd like for us to be able to sit in a room and both feel comfortable." Tatyanna spoke up.

"Oh, I'm comfortable. You aren't?" Missy said monotonously. "I mean..." Tatyanna started to reply before saying "Ugh, never mind. It doesn't matter."

"I'm sure it doesn't." Missy sarcastically replied. I wanted to intervene and tell Missy to chill and stop being so mean but I know if the tables were turned, I'd be pissed myself. God forbid the tables ever turn. A tall black man clad in a lab coat with a clipboard who I assumed was Dr. Hackney walked in the room.

"Hello, Ms. Webb and..." He looked over at us, waiting for us to introduce ourselves. "August, August Alsina." I said. I noticed Missy rolling her eyes out of the corner of my eye before she stated her name. "Missy, Missy James." She said. I scoffed and shook my head. Last time I checked, Alsina was still her last name until I decided otherwise. I decided against correcting her to prevent a fight that could've been easily avoided.

"Nice meeting the both of you." He smiled before shifting his focus on Tatyanna. "So Ms. Webb, tell me what's been going on." He said as he took a seat in a stool.