Introduction

Just to let y'all know something, I changed the twins' names since y'all whitewashed black folks don't know how to pronounce it or don't understand the concept of an African-American person w/ an African name. Their names are Kendrick and Kenneth now.

Missy

Ten o'clock in the morning on a beautiful Sunday is when I woke up in bed next to my beautiful husband of eleven years. Although I was gone for ten of those years, I got up to handle my wife and mother duties. I waltzed in the kitchen and started on breakfast until someone came in, yelling.

"Oh no, honey!" I turned around to see a tall, white man rushing in the kitchen. "You are on my territory, in my work space." He shouted. I could only watch as he pushed me out of the way and put away all the ingredients I took out for breakfast.

"I'm sorry, but I can cook for my family." I spoke up, beginning to only half believe myself.

"Who are you trying to convince, honey? Me or you?" He said.

"Excuse me. Who are you?" I asked in utter confusion. This strange man bombarded the kitchen and basically kicked me out.

"I'm the family's chef, Teddy." He spoke confidently.

"Chef?" I scoffed. "I don't need a chef."

"Well, Mr. Alsina and the critters need a chef. That's why they hired me."

"My children are not critters!" I shouted, becoming defensive. When I said that, his face completely changed. "Ohhh," he said. "you're the wife that Mr. Alsina told me about. Welcome home, sweetie. Do as you please." He said, stepping aside as I pulled out the ingredients again and began to cook.

"So, ten years hasn't taken away your ability to cook, has it?" Teddy asked, but it felt more like he was teasing me. "Uh no, it hasn't. Plus, it's just breakfast."

"Breakfast is easy so I hope you get it right." He taunted.

"You know what Teddy? You can busy yourself with something else other than bothering me, seriously. I don't know what weird problem you may have with me but you might wanna dead it because I swear, you don't want that with me." I told him as I proceeded to cook breakfast as I remembered.

"Hm." He pouted and walked off, exiting the house.

"Who was that leaving?" I heard August's raspy, sleeping voice behind me.

"Good morning, baby. And that was just the chef, Teddy. He was being an asshole to me." I pouted as I turned around to see my beautiful husband walking towards me. He slightly chuckled. "Yeah, that's Teddy. He's shady." He said.

"I don't like him. He kept taunting me saying I wouldn't remember how to cook after ten years."

"I'a talk ta him 'bout that but I'on want you letting that get ta' ya' head, aight?" He said, before placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Alright. And I've been gone for ten years and all I get is a kiss on the cheek?" I laughed before he placed a lingering kiss on my lips. "Better?" I nodded and continued making food for everyone. I finished up and told August to wake the kids up, which he did.

"Good morning, everybody." I said in a cheerful tone. I know I hate being woken up, especially to be around people who put you in a bad mood so I always made sure to sound and look happy early in the morning. "Good morning." They said in unison in a tone that let me know they weren't trying to talk.

I made everyone a plate and sat down at the table beside August.

"Oh, this smells good. Did Teddy make this?! I love Teddy's cooking." Kendrick said.