chapter thirty

mardelle sits on the corner of her bed and continues to scroll through instagram. it's been a while since she's actually got on and now that she has, she realizes that she's missed a lot. like a lot. she clicks onto her profile. nothing has changed considering she hasn't posted in what feels like forever. sighing, she deletes all of her pictures. it takes quite some time but once it's done, she feels relieved.

she opens her camera gallery quickly and scrolls along trying to find her most recent picture. mardelle finds one and thinks of a great caption to go with her picture. she reluctantly thinks of one and agrees to it. posting it, quickly she locks her phone.

mardelle looks around her room. goodness, she needs to clean. she stands up and searches for where to begin. she casually picks up the dirty clothes and puts them in the hamper, puts away clean clothes, and throws away the trash. she groans only because her room is super boring and she wants to sell everything in it then redecorate it. she'd also like to get a laptop for her room so she can binge watch youtube whenever her lazy ass feels like it.

don't jugde.

she checks her phone just to see what all is happening. she can't see her instagram notifications since she turned them off. mardelle freezes once noticing that she has twenty three new messages from the one person she just wants to avoid.

none other than eric (that little fucking dickhead).

she swipes away the messages and carries on thinking about how much she'll regret it later.

why did eric do what he did? is mardelle not good enough? what is wrong with her? whatever it is. mardelle doesn't understand what it is. why can't she just be happy? why can't mardelle always keep the beautiful smile on her face? what happened to it? why did it leave?

because luke left.

why can't mardelle just be normal? where did her smile go to? she frowns down at the ground. mardelle was never the one to let things get to her this bad. sometimes things change you. people change you. people hurt you and then the pain changes you. it doesn't make any sense. is she alright? why? how? when? mardelle brings her knees to her chest and lets the tears slide down her cheeks. it hurts so much to say his name and remember all the memories but,

mardelle misses luke.