chapter twenty

two months later

"mardelle claire fucking winters. if you don't get your lazy ass out of that bed then i'm bitch slapping you," ally yells to her best friend who is still trying to catch some z's on this busy day. elle just groans back to her annoyance source. she gets up very reluctantly and tries to wipe the grogginess out of her eyes. it doesn't really help. mardelle didn't get much sleep last night because of her rising nervousness for her boyfriend's concert that she gets to go see.

the tired mess places her feet on the warm carpet and gets ups slowly, adjusting to the wide awake world around her. she glances over at her clock to check the time. she nods her head with a small smile seeing that she slept in till 11:45 am. elle very rarely gets to sleep in and now that she has she can't help but perform her silent victory dance.

she continues to walk into the living room, finding ally sitting on the couch watching tom and jerry and she just laughs at her sister by heart. she shuffles her way over and sits down beside ally, laying on her lap. al gently stroke's the tired girl's hair and keeps her focus on the child's show. before mardelle was able to say something, her phone dings from her room.

she rolls her eyes along with her body and falls off the couch onto the floor. she flips off the floor along with a "screw you" and picks herself up. ally just laughs at the clumsy teen as elle continues to her room and picks up her phone.

lukey: i love you baby girl. ;)
11:58 am

mardelle just stares at the message and can't help but think about all the pain they've went through. she's tired of hurting luke so damn much with her feelings but he understands it, secretly wishing he could just drop everything to be with her. elle stops her tears before they go anywhere and replies to her love.

elle: yea. love you too.
12:15 pm

lukey: what's wrong love?
12:17 pm

elle: don't worry about it. carry on.
12:20 pm

she puts her phone back down and walks into the bathroom, studying her face in the mirror.

what the actual fuck is wrong?

__________

ally and mardelle are driving to the arena to see the concert. they are wearing their favorite outfits and converse along with them. ally made sure that they left early seeing as it's an hour drive to the arena and the line will be filled.

they finally arrive and walk in, handing the tickets to one of the ladies working the booth. she nods at the girls and tell them to carry on in. they find the reserved seats for them and sit down. as the opening acts play, mardelle starts up a conversation about how she's never actually been to a concert before. ally on the other hand, can't keep track of all the ones she's been too.

and then, the lights dim and a countdown plays and the boys run onto stage, earning a loud chorus of screaming. they play their first song, and when it finishes and the audience quiets a bit, ashton grabs his mic.

"hello, everyone!" he shouts to the crowd. "it's great to see all of your beautiful faces again!"

"we're five seconds of summer," mikey is the one to talk now. "and who is ready to dance their ass off?"

everyone does so, but mardelle is filled with an uncomfortable feeling that resigns in her heart.

why?