1. Maxons' choice.

{I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS IN THIS. KIERA CASS DOES. }

It was over. Maxon chose Kriss. Everyone was cheering and called their names over and over again. I had to fight the tears from escaping my eyes so I just closed them. For a couple if minutes I kept them like that, untill I found the strength to be brave enough to walk away. I looked at my family. I'd let them down. I didn't dare to look at May; the look in her eyes would break me even more. The tears in my Mothers' eyes said enough.

I took a deep breath, turned to Maxon and faked a weak smile. "congratulations Maxon. You and Kriss deserve each other." I said, and knew Kriss heard me aswell so I nodded at her and stroke the lines out of my dress and stood up. I looked like a Queen - my maids made sure of that, no matter what would happen. All people in the great room fell quiet as I left the aisle and walked to my family.

May immediately came towards me and hugged me tight. "I am so proud of you Ames, Maxon made a huge mistake!" She said, loud enough for him to hear I'm sure. I held on to my fake smile and nodded. "you're right. Let's go home, alright?" I said to my Mother and she nodded. "that's a great idea. I heard Aspen was comming too? His mom wanted to come to the palace along with us but she couldn't leave the kids alone, ofcourse." I looked up at her and blinked a couple of times. Ofcourse she would want to see her son, but he was making alot of money here and he didn't realy have a good reason to quit, untill now. Everything was different. "let's go find Aspen then." I said, and started to walk away with may towards the hallway when I heard Maxon calling my name. I turned around to see him standing up, faking his oh-so bright smile and pointing towards me. "Oh dear, you can't leave! It's a celebration, I finally announced my fiancé." He said with a weird look in his eyes. I knew that gorgeous eyes. I once dreamt of our children having his eyes, and my hair. Something was wrong. Maybe be regretted picking Kriss instead of me? Well.. It was a little too late for that wasn't it? "ofcourse your majesty. I will attend your party if that is what you wish." I said with a strong voice. I was stronger than I thought. I didn't need Maxon. Who needs a man? I hugged May again, stroke a bunch of hair out of her face and waited till the audience stood up and walked to the gardens where the party was. We left the great room with all the others, blending in and hearing everything people said. "I thought he'd pick that little redhead!" A older woman around age 60 said, and a rich looking man around mid 20's nodded. "so did I. You think she'll be interested in me?" He asked her, not knowing I was walking so close. Goosebumps appeared all over my body as I moved faster towards the garden. While I moved, I noticed I'd lost everyone out of sight. I looked at the party lights and all the roses surrounding the fountain. I didn't even want to be there, why bother? Because the prince asked? No. I didn't want to live in Ileà any longer. Could I flee to Europe? Italy? Nicoletta was at the party too with her Nephew Luceano and her almost-husband. Maybe I could try to find them and make a plan..