Chapter 24 - Are We Keeping It?

Jay's P.O.V.

I watched, shocked, as Nathan ran out of the booth and out of the studio.

"Mate, where are you going?" Tom shouted after him.

"To go check on Amelia." He replied as he swung the studio door open and left the room.

I glanced over to Tom to see him sat there with a confused look upon his face. He noticed I was looking at him and raised his eyebrows as if to say 'What was that about?' so I just shrugged in return.

Actually I did feel a little worried about Amelia, and I really did want to know what was wrong with her. Although I had Lily, I couldn't deny, I still had feelings for Amelia. To be honest, I was just using Lily to make Amelia jealous. I know, I'm a horrible person. There wasn't a day that went by where I didn't feel guilty for using her. But I wanted Amelia so bad, even though I knew the chances of having her next to impossible. Anyway, I decided to get up and go see what was wrong with her.

I was just about to stand up to go after Nathan and Amelia when I heard, "Babe, where are you going?"

"To go see if Amelia is O.K." I replied, lifting myself to my feet.

"Ugh, why do you care?" She spat.

"Because Amelia is my friend." I sighed.

"Please stay." She whined, tugging on my arm.

"No." I told her as I pulled my arm loose from her weak grip. I began making my way to the studio door when I heard  Lily mutter under hear breath, "I hate that slut."

I chose to ignore her comment as I really could not be bothered with her childish and immature attitude at that moment in time. I opened the studio door and began making my way down the corridor. It was then that I realized I didn't actually know where they'd gone. Just as that thought popped into my mind I head shouting coming from a little further down the empty corridor. I dragged my feet along the tiled floor and towards the sounds of yelling. As I got further down the corridor, I then noticed it was coming from inside the girl's bathroom. I recognized the voices instantly. It was definitely Nathan's and Amelia's. I stood at the door and started eavesdropping. Little did I know, that was big mistake.

"Lies!" I heard Nathan shout. "Why won't you tell me?!"

"Because there's nothing to tell!" Amelia screeched.

"Amelia, I'm not an idiot! I've known you since we were kids, I can tell when you're lying!" He bellowed.

"Fine!" She shouted. "Fine! Just please, calm down!"

"Okay, I'm calm." He replied.

"You promise you're calm?" She checked.

"I promise." He assured her.

"Nathan?" She said.

"Yes?" He questioned.

"I'm pregnant."

I choked. I felt my heart shatter. Any chance I had with Amelia had just been thrown out of the window, landed in the road and been run over repeatedly by a lorry. My heart slowly sank to the bottom of my stomach as my brain processed the new information it had just received. Sh-she was pre-pregnant. To Nathan. I suddenly felt as though as my life had no purpose anymore. I still loved Amelia more than anything, and it already pained me enough that she was with Nathan. But now she was carrying his child.

I didn't think my ears could bear to hear what he was going to say, so I forced myself to stop eavesdropping and I left. I didn't know where I was going but anywhere away from there would be fan-fucking-tastic.