May I See Your Dress, Annie?

I stepped up the attic stairs. How did I even get myself into this mess? A silly game of Truth or Dare with my besties turned into a horror fest.

"Get up there Emily!" called Clare, "You better do it!"

I sighed, "I'm going, calm down," I grumbled.

My attic was the scariest place in my house. It's old and dusty, has very little space, and you can pretty much smell the dead.

I felt a presence on my left shoulder, like someone had dumped ice on it. Suddenly, coming up here seemed like a terrible idea. My knees locked together, and I shook violently; I was terrified.

"Clare!" I shouted, "Lucy! This was a bad idea, I'm coming back down!"

I waited. No Clare, no Lucy. "Guys, this isn't funny!"

I trudged down the stairs, ready to give both of them a piece of my mind when-

SLAM!

The attic door, had shut. Adrenaline pulsed through my veins, I ran to the door. 

"Guys please help!" I twisted the door knob, but nothing seemed to work, just my luck. It was locked. I banged on the door as hard as I could, hoping Clare or Lucy would hear and open it.

I hated them. Why would they make me do this? They knew how dangerous it was to even attempt this game! And since my attic was dark and ominous, it made the perfect summoning grounds for... for her.

Something shifted at the top of the steps, it sounded like someone was moving. 

I stayed silent, my heartbeat pounding in my ears. A hissing noise came from the top of the stairs.

Footsteps came swiftly and lightly down the stairs, as if an angel had gracefully made it's way down the stairs, but I knew for a fact, this was no angel.

A face, before I screamed, I saw a face. Imagine the most gruesome face you can think of, now multiply it by ten, that's what I saw.

The face belonged to a woman, dressed in a white wedding dress splattered in blood holding a knife. Her neck had a deep cut, as if she'd tried to slice her neck up.

As she held my gaze, my heart stopped. 

She looked at me as if checking out if I was threat. That only took a split second, she then opened her mouth wider than any human should be able to, and screamed the most bloodcurdling scream I'd ever heard, and ran towards me...

Hmm... I never quite told the reason why she had come, did I? Well, there's this game, and it says that if you go to an attic or a basement, the two places a murder would be most likely to take place and say, into the dark, "If I see you and don't die of fright, might you let me live tonight? I am the man who called off your wedding, I ended it, twas me, what dress did you wear that very night, Annie?" that very woman will appear. The game is called, "May I See Your Dress, Annie?"

Annie was once a happy woman, about to get married; but two hours before the wedding, her soon-to-be husband, pulled it off. No more wedding, no more happy couple.

Well, Annie didn't take this news very well. She begged the man to stay and marry her, but he said no and left her.

She began going mad, the last three days she was alive, she took a knife to her face and cut herself a permanent smile, and began to murder. She went from house to house, dragging women and men alike up to their attics, or down to their basements to kill them. 

When she felt as though she had served her purpose, she took her own life. She took a butcher's knife and sliced her throat, laughing as she bled to death...