"Still in school."

He scrunched his nose. "Gross. Do you have a job on the side?"

"Not since a few months ago."

Then I nodded towards the shop. "Do they have an opening?"

He shook his head. "I could ask around somewhere else if you'd like."

"Yeah?"

He nodded. He was about to say something when the back door opened and the same waiter from earlier stepped out.

He glanced between the two of us then sighed. "Break's over."

"Right."

The two of them disappeared inside before I could get a name.

Scarlet met me at the club, the same one we'd gone to the first time we met.

It was busier than before, louder, messier.

We were at the dance floor seconds after we greeted one another.

She wore a tight, red dress this time, a little shorter than the black one. She slung her arms over my shoulders and pulled herself tightly against me, grinding her hips against mine while I held her from her waist, digging my fingers into her lower back.

Her eyes met mine in a sharp contrast, dark, needy.

It was nearing midnight and I had a 9AM class the next day, but I wanted her. I felt it when one of her hands found my hair, which I'd grown out a little since I left home. Then she suddenly pulled me in and let her lips collide with mine.

I remembered our first night together. Her bed, her discarded clothes somewhere on the floor, the rolled up condom, the taste of her skin.

I wanted her again because I missed that feeling of having someone warm beside me, because I missed Nate.

"My place again?" she asked.

I nodded, slightly embarrassed.

"It's fine, come on, I'll call the taxi."

We left the club and Scarlet called the cab just like she had last time.

"Are you hungry?" she asked once she put her phone back in her clutch. "I can order Chinese if you want."

Did Nate like Chinese? I couldn't remember if we'd ever had it together.

"Sure," I said, wanting to try it out. "I haven't had it in years."

Scarlet smiled and busied herself with her phone again.

I wasn't sure if we would be eating before or after I slid her out of her dress.

I watched her lips move as she spoke on the phone, neatly painted in a neutral color. Her eyes, large and honey brown, were lined with dark kohl, eyelashes covered in mascara.

I admired her tan complexion, which was evident even under the flickering, yellow streetlights.

The cab came by shortly, and Scarlet slowly took a seat on my lap as soon as I hopped in.

I glanced at the driver from the rearview mirror,  not knowing if he noticed, but if he had then it didn't seem to bother him.

My hands fell to her waist again.

She kissed me briefly on the lips. "Do you have class tomorrow?"

I nodded, forgetting how to use my tongue because her hands had suddenly wandered too close to the hem of my jeans.