Impulse x Reader✅

Start from the beginning

The entire ride was silent. No one had dared to speak. Cassie was hugging herself, Jaime had held his head in his hand, Robin tried his best to keep a stoic face, and you were quietly downgrading yourself.

Maybe if you weren't so reckless and just lifted your arm a bit to the left, Bart wouldn't be laying there, hurt beyond repair. If you hadn't been so stupid and careless, this wouldn't have happened. But it did. Because of you.

Once you had arrived at the cave, Superboy brought carried Bart into the med-bay and the emergency medical staff took him away immediately. You dragged your feet to your room,  jumping on your bed face down, not even bothering to remove your suit.

Instead of degrading yourself in your own self pity, You decided to get something to eat to distract yourself from your thoughts. You slowly dragged your feet in to the kitchen, a faint outline of Bart gobbling up every piece of food in his path came to your mind. You blinked, the kitchen was empty, there was no Bart. You grabbed a few cookies, your appetite disappeared as you looked at the food.

With a sigh, you headed back to your room. Questions like 'is he okay?' and 'Did he know that it was my fault?' bombarded your head. You couldn't help but ask yourself, "Will he ever be the same?"

You too distracted by your self-loathing to notice that you weren't anywhere near your room. You were on a completely different floor, the same floor where they kept the patients.

You didn't even know how you got there. You were pushing the door open before you even realised where you were.

The faint sound of monotonous beeping could be heard from the end of the room, which began to grow louder as you inched closer. You pulled open the curtains and peeked through. The overly enthusiastic boy lay there with several different machines hooked up to him. His heart was beating, which you were thankful for, and had many wraps around his midsection.

His chest rose and fell at a slow, his auburn hair stuck to his face with sweat. And most of all, he looked relaxed. You smiled and sat down at the edge of the bed, and kept looking at him for a while.

You hadn't noticed that you were asleep until she opened her eyes. You twisted and turned, trying to get more comfortable. Your neck ached as you noticed that your head was resting on two hard stick like things. You jolted awake as you as you moved away from the sticks, you froze. You were sleeping on Bart's shins.

You had fallen asleep in the patient room. You quickly got up, thankful that he hadn't woken up yet, because would've been really embarrassing if he had witnessed you being here. You could make a run for it, If she made a run for it and go back to your room and no one would be the wiser.

You stumbled away from the bed, you had fallen asleep in your boots and your feet were paying for it. You quickly shuffled your feet not noticing your (Y/W) was on the floor. You hadn't noticed until you tripped on the arrant (Y/W) and were now falling. You pulled your arms out to stop yourself but weren't quick enough.

The first thing you crashed in to was the monitor. It then fell on the floor, everything that had been plugged in to it fell along with it. Unfortunately, the monitor fell on your foot causing you to let out a loud cry of pain.

The worst was yet to come because in that moment Bart woke up. He quizzically looked around the room, blinking dumbly, he saw you.