Chapter Eighteen

HELLOOOO OUT THERE. :D

How you doin'?

I have a gift for you.

Viola! A chapter!

I like this one. Hope you do to.

We're getting to the good stuff, folks.

xoxoxo.

p.s- dedication for this chapter goes to SimplyCelia for the awesome banner she made over there, which was inspired by the events in the last chapter. Thanks girl! You rock.(:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The kiss wasn’t exactly sweet. It wasn’t soft and gentle, like I had expected it to be.

It tasted like a weird mixture of orange soda and gummy bears.

It was rough and strange. There was a weird kind of hardness and need on his lips that I had never experienced before. The kiss was hungry and fleeting and his lips didn’t open once but instead stayed plastered onto mine. Unlike in cliché movies, the kiss wasn’t passionate and didn’t make my foot pop. Zachary kissed me so urgently that it seemed that if he hadn’t he would have died.

And even after all of that, it was quite possibly the best kiss I had ever had.

It caught me completely off guard and I didn’t know what to do. Something told me to pull away but then something whispered for me not to. So I just stayed put and closed my eyes.

Within two second, it was over.

Zachary pulled away hard, suddenly. He yanked his lips away from mine but his hands stayed glued to my face.

I opened my eyes, stunned at the quickness of his movements. I expected to meet his eyes in some sort of awkward post-kiss gaze, but his eyes were fixated on something in the distance. The look on his face bordered on anger and misery but had slight undertones of confusion and embarrassment. I figured that the expression on my face mirrored his own.

I honestly had no idea what had just happened. If it wasn’t for the cold rain showering over me, I was sure that I would have blanked out. One second, he was screaming at me and the next, our lips were touching. I didn’t know how I felt about this. I liked him and everything, but I barely knew the kid.

And Bryce. Shit, shit, shit.

Had I cheated on him? Would this even be considered cheating? I didn’t really give my consent and I was caught completely off guard. I couldn’t help but shudder at the thought of what he would do if he ever found out.

My slight movement seemed to snap Zachary out of whatever daze he was in and his eyes immediately shot up and stared straight into my own. Something inside him clicked and complete embarrassment took over his features. His hands dropped awkwardly from my face and he frowned.

“We should probably leave,” Zach muttered, his lips drawn into a straight line. His expression had gone emotionless.

“Yeah."

Yeah? What a dumb ass response. I struggled to find something else to say, but standing there looking at Zach, soaking wet, something inside me couldn’t come up with a better response than “yeah”.

Zachary’s hands found his pockets and he took a step away from me.

“We practically work together at the mission,” he said, barely audible from the rain, which had picked up speed. I felt numb and my mind completely stopped functioning.