"Beatrice! Wait!" I stopped dead in my tracks at the familiar voice echoing through the parking lot around me. It was a voice that I probably would have recognized in a crowd of thousands of people, not that I would have ever let him know that.

"Oh, Brett, right?" I responded, brushing my hair out of my eyes. Brett Jackson jolted to a stop in front of me, a goofy smile making its way on to his boyish face. I could feel my stomach flutter at the fact that he remembered my name.

"Hey. I was wondering if we could talk for a second?" He questioned once he approached me. A quiet giggle escaped my lips before I could stop it. I quickly ran a hand through my hair a second later so it would distract him from the ridiculous noise that had just left me.

The leader of the debate team, the guy I have had a crush on since sixth grade wants to talk to me. I'm fine. Everything's fine.

"Yeah, sure." I said, smiling. His right hand was buried deep within his russet locks. His eyes, almost as brown as his hair, had fallen on me sometime during my mini-freak out.

"So, you've got pretty good grades in Calc, right? I'm failing horribly right now." I was too hypnotized by his perfect smile to take in a word he said.

"Hmm?" I finally tore my eyes away from his face and looked down at the black asphalt under my pink converse.

"I need a tutor for calculus. Do you think you could help out? I mean, if you have time that is." He asked, frowning slightly as he stared down at me in curiosity.

"Sure." I replied a little too quickly, "I guess I could find some time to tutor you." He kept his eyes on me for a second before grinning at upon hearing my response.

"You're amazing, Bea. I'll call you in a few hours to schedule everything." He held his hand out for my phone as he spoke, and after a few seconds of hesitation, I handed it over.

"Okay." I breathed out, feeling like a complete idiot. I could barely move, and the closer he got to me the more I felt like I had just run a marathon.

"And, Beatrice?" He was so close that if I moved a fraction, my lips would have touched his. Just as he opened his mouth to finish whatever he was about to say an ear piercing screech rang through the parking lot. He tore himself away from me, backing up as he glared down at the carrier in my hands.

"I'll call you later!" He yelled over his shoulder as he turned and darted off. I let out a growl of frustration as I set the carrier on the trunk of my car.

After my irritation subsided, I grabbed the toy bottle beside the doll and pushed it into it's mouth. I knew it was wrong, and for a second I felt horribly guilty about it. The guilt dissipated once I felt a hand brush against my shoulder.

"You're such a great mother!" A sarcastic remark came from behind me, only inches from my ear. I whirled around, regretting it a second later. Xavier was so close I could feel the hardness of his chest against my own.

"It ruined my moment." I finally grumbled bitterly, squirming to escape him. He shook his head and leaned forward again so he was whispering in my ear.

"So it was a cock-block, eh?" He laughed, "Sorry to inform you, sweetheart, but you looked about ready to pass out. The only one that ruined your moment was you." He paused when he saw my cheeks growing red, "So how did your talk with Norah go?" His hazel eyes were flickering with genuine curiosity as he pinned me against my car. Trapping me so I had absolutely no where to run.

"I haven't really brought it up yet. You said you would help me first, anyway." He snickered at my words, finally prying his body off mine.

"No, I said I would help you if you talked her into going out with me." I nodded, turning back around to find the baby doll with it's plastic eyelids showing. It had closed its eyes and "fallen asleep."

God, was this guy that desperate to go out with Norah?

"Okay, and I'll talk her into it while you're helping me." I replied, trying to look as confident as he was. His brows arched upon seeing my smirk.

"All right, Beatrice. I'll play your little game. How hard can taking care of a stupid doll be?" He questioned. I shrugged, grabbing the carrier and sliding it into the back seat.

"It's a doll." I muttered, "You're right. It can't really be that hard."

Right?

**

"If you don't shut that doll up, I will throw it out the window!" My twin brother's voice rang through the otherwise silent hallway. I rested my head against the wall behind me once more before standing up and burping the doll again.

I'd contemplating doing exactly that for the last three hours, but knew without any doubt that would mean an automatic fail. That's something I couldn't risk. I needed to pass this class in order to graduate with the GPA that would get me into Ivy Leagues next year.

"Shh. It's okay. Don't cry." I whispered to it, on the verge of tears myself. I had been trying to sleep for the last two and a half hours and the doll just wouldn't keep its mouth shut. I had been getting up and down, had hung off the couch, had thrown the doll into the bathroom and closet, and even given it the toy pacifier and bottle. Nothing would make it stop, which led me to believe one thing, the doll must be faulty, something is majorly wrong with it.

Well, it's technically Xavier Morgan's baby too. Which would explain why it's so annoying.

"I will throw it out the window!" Brice repeated, his voice closer now. I continued to pat the baby's back as I walked to the door, opening it to find my twin brother leaning into the door frame.

"I'm sorry, Brice. I can't get it to stop." I said, shaking my head as I stared up at him. Despite us being twins, Brice had a good foot on me. His usually lively brown eyes were heavy with sleepiness as he glared at the doll against my chest.

"Can't you just put it outside?" He muttered mid yawn. I shook my head, gesturing toward the doll.

"They'll be able to tell if I mistreat it." I replied, rubbing a hand down my face. "Trust me, I've already thought about doing just that.

Brice gestured toward my phone on my pillow. "Then why don't you call your idiot partner and force him to come and sit through the torture with you? Maybe between the two of you, you'll be able to shut it up."

I should make Xavier come and listen to the baby cry. I could blackmail him, tell him that I wouldn't talk to Norah if he didn't come.

"That's actually a good idea. I'll go do that." I responded before turning around and burping the doll again as I grabbed my phone off the bed and found Xavier's contact.

"I bet you'll shut up once he gets here, but please, sweetie, don't. I want him to go through this too." I tried to reason with the doll, slowly bringing my phone to my ear as I questioned my sanity. It wasn't until the third ring that Xavier answered. He didn't get a word in before I cut him off.

"You need to come over here, Xavier. This doll won't stop crying. This is our project. If you don't, you can forget about your little "date" with Norah. See you soon." I hung up before he could respond, staring down at the screeching doll as a smirk slowly inched its way across my face.

***AN***

*Edited*

Hope you guys enjoyed! 

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24