Jimin stays silent, staring at the page of the book in front of him and thinks about Taehyung's words.

-----

The familiar tinkle of the bell above his head signals a new customer, and is immediately struck in the face by the delicious, sweet and strong coffee aroma. He smiles secretly to himself as he walks to his usual table; good for two people tucked behind the coffee shop but can still see the front door, pressed on the glass wall giving him a good view of watching what was happening outside while he's inside.

He power-walks there straight after the annoying cooking class, his nose getting extra sensitive after a good 10 minutes with unfamiliar alphas and betas in the rather confined room, different scents mixing with the smell of flours and sugar in the air. And if Jimin thinks he could at least handle the scent of omegas, well, he's entirely wrong. Because there are a few (read: a ton, a lot) of giddy and nervous omegas next to alphas and betas that couldn't help but emit faint pheromones and his tolerance was flat-out reduced to size of hairbreadth after another 10 minutes of staying in there.

So now he's here, trying to drown out all other and random scents around him by the sweet smell of coffee, vanilla and caramel and cookies. His nose needs a rest up and this is the perfect place for that.

A sigh of contentment leave past his lips as soon as his body hits the cushioned chair, leaning his back against the seat. It's not after another couple of minute when a familiar faint smell of book pages and burnt caramel hits his nose, forcing his eyes to open and peering at the boy standing next to his table.

"You look like shit," was the boy's greeting before sitting across from him, sliding a large cup of his usual drink—a mochaccino with extra pump of milk and whip cream—in front of him.

"Thanks." Completely brushing off the greetings from the boy, he opts to reach for the cup with both hand, wrapping his little fingers around it and absorbing the warmth.

"What happened this time?" the boy asks, carding his gray hair with slim pale fingers before putting on the black snapback backwards, forehead on display before leaning back on his seat, one arm on the table as his fingers starts tapping unfamiliar rhythm on the flat surface while the other rests on the back of his chair by the crook of his elbow.

Min Yoongi, a beta, the only other wolf Jimin associate himself with outside the Kim brother's circle. He met the senior two years ago when he was still a freshman, first day of school and looking lost in the campus as he tried to find his lecture room without the help of Taehyung and Seokjin.

(Taehyung almost throws a fit at the rejection if not for his brother calming him and Jimin tugging him in a side hug.)

He bumped onto the boy on the third floor's hallway, rounding the corner at the same time. His first impression of the gray haired male was: cold, intimidating and maybe an asshole because he didn't even regards Jimin with a mere glance of acknowledgement. And then he tried to get a proper look of Yoongi and saw his eyes droop and he wonder if the boy's actually sleep walking that time with hair still a bit wild from sleep and cat-like eyes peering at him in slit. Yoongi still denies that he's asleep that time every time Jimin brought the memory back until now. The 'maybe an asshole' impression quickly changed to 'maybe actually quite nice' when the boy asked him if he needs help after noticing his schedule paper in hand and offer to walk him to his class.

(Taehyung frowns at him for a good 5 minutes—because the alpha couldn't stay mad at him for long—when he first told him about this and only stops being upset after Jimin allows him to scent him to drown out the faint smell of burnt caramel clinging on his uniform.)

Jimin brought the cup to his mouth, sipping his drink and humming at the sweet taste. Yoongi learned after the third time of Jimin ordering the same drink that he likes the coffee Yoongi personally made himself. It's just that, the beta happened to make it tastes just like Jimin wants his coffee to be.

"It's the mandatory cooking class."

Yoongi actually has the audacity to smirk at him. "Isn't that cute? Park Jimin in a kitchen."

"It's not funny," he hissed, trying to hide his frown behind the large cup.

"You're taking the class with Taehyung?" Jimin shakes his head no. Yoongi nods once in understanding before leaning in, elbows resting on the tables. "Well, that's a problem," the gray haired beta says quietly and Jimin wonders if he's talking to himself rather than him. But still can't help cocking a questioning eyebrow at the words.

"A problem?"

The beta looks at him like he's searching for something. "You gonna be paired up?"

"Maybe?" he answers, tilting his head a little to the side. "I don't think it'll gonna happen until the next three meetings, Ms. Ailee was still trying to introduce us to this and that. I am not paying attention that much 'cause I am not enjoying the class." He finished, taking a sip of his drink. Just reliving what he had experienced in that class earlier sends him nausea. He wouldn't last in that class with 30 other scents trying to give him severe headache.

"Ms. Ailee? The female alpha handling the class 3-A?" He nodded his head, watching in slight amusement as Yoongi's eyebrows slowly knitted together as if thinking of something deeper out of the conversation. Jimin's genuinely confused. "She likes her class doing activities and projects usually in a group of two so you definitely gonna be paired up." Jimin actually groans lowly at the information, Yoongi smirking at his reaction. "Anyway, have you heard the news?"

He perks up, brows furrowed. "What news?"

"About the transferee kid—the son of the school's owner, he'll probably arrive in campus tomorrow," Yoongi says and Jimin released an 'oh' under his breath as he brought the cup back on his lips, completely uninterested but slightly curious to when the senior had started listening to school gossips.