He shook his head and kept driving.

My phone vibrated, he looked over at me giving me the death stare. I mugged at him and read the text.

Kellz 👯💙: Professor cancelled class, don't even waste your time.

I rolled my eyes and told her thank you.

"Jay."

"I said silence, that includes you talking. What the hell do you want?"

I scrunched my face up, I don't know who he thinks he's talking to but...

"Fuck it then." He snapped when I took too long to respond.

I stayed silent for the rest of the ride and when he pulled up to the campus I didn't get out.
"What you waiting on? Christmas?"

I was about to say 'I don't know what's wrong with him' but I truly do. I laughed to myself and shook my head.

"What's funny?"

I stayed silent just like he asked me to. "Beyoncé."

After a pause I thought was dramatic enough, I finally spoke. "Oh, I can talk now? Do I have your permission?"

He put the car in park and nodded.

"Professor cancelled class."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked mad and I smirked.

"You wanted silence."

He sucked his teeth and started driving again.

After a long, tense ride back to my place, he walked me up. "I'm leaving."

I folded my arms. "Wow, are you really that mad?"

"No, I have shit to do. Since you woke me up nice and early, I can get it done now."

"I don't like your attitude."

"Man, whatever. I'll talk to you later." He reached for the door but I grabbed his hand.

"I-I'm sorry." My eyes started to water.

"What? Beyoncé, It is not that serious." He said with a straight face.

"I-I don't want you to go out there mad at me, baby. I'm sorry. I always fear of losing you when you go and I don't want our last conversation to be a bad one."

He sighed. "Aight, Bey, I'm sorry too. Just stop crying."

"I can't." I hiccuped.

He embraced me in a hug and held me while I tried to regulate my breathing. I kept sniffling and coughing.

"It's okay, I'm sorry. I'm not mad." He said softly while running his hands down my back. It was actually very soothing and it helped me calm down.

"I love you, okay?"

"I love you too." I sniffled.