III.

Beyoncé.
Sunday morning.

"Beyoncé!" I heard my mom yell.

It's times like this when I regret giving her a key to my condo.

"I'm up!" I yelled back.

It's Sunday and recently my mom has been on my case about going to church. I finally agreed and she's making sure I don't bail on her.

I looked in the mirror looking my outfit over one more time before leaving to deal with my mother.

"You're going to church like that?!" My sister Solange asked.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing, I'm messing with you."

I rolled my eyes.

"You know that's a bad habit you have." My mother said walking into the living room.

"Good morning, Mama." I said giving her a hug.

"Good morning, sugar. Where's kelly? We have to get ready to head out."

"I'm right here." Kelly said walking toward the front door.

Kelly is my sister from another mister. We grew up together and attend Brooklyn University together. She doesn't live with me but she might as well because she's always here.

"Let's go." Mama said.

----

After church, we went out to lunch. Mama went home to prepare dinner so that left Kelly, Solange, and I.

"So Bey," Kelly started.

"Oh boy."

"Who was that guy at the club yesterday?" She asked sipping her drink.

"Oooh, does mama know you be at the club?" Solange asked.

Technically no, I'm not supposed to be at the club, but I'm 20 and I turn 21 in 4 months.

"Shut your mouth Solange." I snarled.

She is 5 years younger than me and I think she acts way too grown. Always in grown folks business. Damn.

"I met him at the grocery store, then at the bank, then at the club. It was weird." I said looking at Kelly.

"Girl that's fate. What's his name? He's not ugly."

"He's not. I don't know his name but I know he's one of them Rocnation boys."

"Even better! If you run into him again you better entertain him."