Gripping my phone tight I try once again, pressing the call button by Grace's name. I'm desperate and I don't care who knows it. Grace might think I'm crazy but that's the least of my concerns. My one desire is to hear Erin's voice, even if I must beg. I need it like it's my next breath. Because I don't think I have the strength to wait until Monday to see her again.

However, given how my luck's going today, I'm not surprised that the call went straight to voicemail. I left another message and sent my first text asking again for Grace to call me back or message me Erin's number.

Call me insane and weird just like Zack and Kyle did. I don't care. They don't understand what it means to really like someone. One day they will understand how much agony a person can go through when they're away from the one person they yearn for. It's a horrible feeling and there's only one woman that can cure me of this insanity.

I miss her.

"Caden, you gotta stop looking at your phone man," Zack grumbles.

Sneakily sliding the phone into my back pocket, I reply innocently, "I'm not looking at it."

"Dude, we know you've been glancing at your phone every 5 minutes."

I look at Kyle to see him nod in agreement.

Kyle places his hand on my shoulder. "Caden, we know that you're waiting for that call, but we're also here to relax and have some fun. Plus, you have it on ring and vibrate; if you just put it in your back pocket you'll notice it."

He's completely right; maybe I just need to chill a bit. If Grace doesn't call or text me back it's not the end of the world, even though it might feel like it. I can always drop by the school on Monday like I planned and see Erin then. Even if that meant I have to wait two whole days.

"Fine," I say crossing my arm, "I won't look at my phone unless it's absolutely necessary."

Zack nods. "Great, I'll keep you to your word. Now let's go find my friend."

Kyle and I tag behind Zack as he maneuvers through the crowd trying to locate his friend. We come to a stop when we reach the bottom of the stairs leading to the second floor. In front of Zack is a tall skinny guy with dark brown hair and light brown eyes. My eyes dart from Zack's friend to the girl clinging to his arms. Her long rainbow-colored hair seems to glow in the darkness of the club. She's wearing almost nothing with her tiny top and extremely short shorts, and the way she's chewing on her gum roughly and constantly blowing bubbles is annoying.

My eyes tear away from the bubbles when I feel Zack move to stand next to the stranger. Looking at us Zack directs. "Guys I would like you to meet a good friend of mine, Trevor. Trevor these are two of my greatest buddies, Caden and Kyle."

"Nice to meet you," we respond exchanging firm handshakes.

"The pleasure's mine," Trevor replies. "Why don't you guys follow me! I'll take you up to the 2nd floor. It won't be so crowded since only VIP members can enter this level."

Following behind him, we pass two guards that stand at the base of the stairs, before walking up to the second floor. When we arrive, Trevor directs us to settle down at the lounge area consisting of key lime couches.

Trevor turns to us. "Alright guys, please enjoy your time here. There's also an open bar on this floor, please fill free to order anything you like. The drinks are on me."

Smiling Zack gives him a small handshake follow by a slight hug. "Thanks man, greatly appreciate it."

Trevor nods. "Anytime, I'll drop by later to see how you're doing. But I'll be around if ya'll need me."