Chapter 20

Melodie's POV:

I woke to the thoughts of warm pillows, smooth skin on mine, and lips all over me. Then my memory cleared, leaving me sighing. Last night Aaron had tried to make love to me. But I had refused, for a few reasons.

But mostly because my period was late. I was hoping it would start that night. And I didn't want it to start in the middle of that. But what really had me worried, is why it hadn't come yet.

I stretched on the mattress, rolling into my stomach. Then my throat tightened, and my stomach twisted. I jumped out of bed, throwing the blanket off of me and slightly pulling it off Aaron.

I ran into the bathroom, and fell next to the toilet. I threw up as soon as I got there, coughing it up. I squeezed my eyes shut as I threw up yesterday's food.

Aaron came running in, kneeling down beside me. He pulled my hair away from my face and reached over to the counter. Picking up the only hair tie I had. He pulled my hair back into a ponytail, as I breathed heavy.

After my hair was up, Aaron rubbed my back, and kissed my shoulder. Then I leaned forward, throwing up again. I hugged the toilet as it finally stopped.

"Do you feel better?" Aaron said, his hand rubbing circles on my back. I shook my head, still breathing out of rhythm.

"Did you start your period?" He said, looking concerned. I shook my head again. His lips formed a line, before he helped me up. "Do you want to lay down?" I nodded, wrapping my arms around his right arm.

He bent down and scooped me up in his arms, kissing my cheek as he walked out of the bathroom. He laid me down, pressing his lips to my forehead. Keeping them there. "You feel hot." He said, pressing his hand on my skin. I licked my lips, nodding.

He crawled next to me, holding my head against his chest. My head started to spin, and I closed my eyes. Letting Aaron hold me, and forcing myself to focus on him.

"Do you think you could be - you know?" He said, quietly. I froze. And Aaron senses my sudden stillness as fear. "Mel?" He said, leaning away to see my face.

"Maybe.." I whisper. "I don't know." Aaron kept still. I rested my hand on his chest, and felt his heart racing against my palm. His freckled skin growing hot. I looked up at him, and he looked back down at me. His beautiful eyes searching mine. He licked his lips.

"We didn't use a condom did we?" He whispered. I shook my head. "It's all a blur, I was hoping that I did." I didn't say anything. Aaron noticed my silence, and kissed my nose. Spreading them all over my face.

"Everything will be ok." He said, kissing my forehead and holding me tight. I wasn't sure if he was taking to me, or to himself. I just hope he was right. That everything was ok.

Sorry for the short update. x0x0