Chapter 16

Sorry this is a short update, so don't freak.

Aaron's POV:

I couldn't breath. I felt like throwing up. I knelt on the sidewalk, sobbing into my hands. I had just lost the only person that made me genuinely happy. Now she's gone. Maybe forever. A sob broke from my lungs, before I slowly stood up on my feet.

"Aaron?"

I spun around. Melodie?! No, it was Cameron. He saw it was really me, and started running, till he was in front of me. I ran my hands over my face, wiping away my tears.

"Where have you been?!" He said, getting closer. His expression changed. "What's wrong? What happened?"

My face scrunched up in pain, as I tried to blink away tears.

"M-Mel.." I try and say, but another sob came out. I took a deep breath. "Melodie is gone." Cameron froze.

"What do you mean by she's gone?" He said, his eyes growing frantic.

"She just got in a cab." I say, running my finger through my hair.

"Why?"

"To get away from someone." I say, my eyes filling with tears.

"Who?" Cameron said, leaning so he could see around me. "Who is she running away from Aaron?"

"Me."

Cameron stayed silent. Then reached in his pocket, and pulled out his phone. He dialed a number before putting it to his ear.

"Christian," He said, rubbing a hand through his hair. "Stop the buses. We have an emergency."

He was quiet for a second, listening. He looked up, and locked eyes with me.

"Melodie is gone." He turned scanning the sidewalk. "Christian! Stop that and keep calm. Get all of the boys, and meet us in front of the buses." He paused again. "Ok bye."

I put my hands in my pockets, and hung my head low. My hand felt empty, and cold. My fingers longed for Melodie, to be holding her soft hand in mine. I missed her. My body ached, missing my missing piece.

"Come on Aaron." Cameron said, putting his phone back into his pocket. I nodded, and he pulled me into a hug. "We'll get her back."

I pushed away. Looking at him with tears rolling down my face.

"Everyone might get her back, but I won't!" Cameron looked at me confused. "That was my last chance," I say. "And I blew it."

I blew it, and now she's gone forever.