The Fall of Crescent

Nate raced back towards Springdale, his four Yo-kai friends following behind. None of them knew where Crescent had gone, but Nate had a bad feeling in his gut that she had gone to the city. After all, she got a kick out of inspiriting people. Why wouldn't she go to a place like Springdale, a place full of people?

They burst out of the path leading up Mount Wildwood and onto a small street not far from Nate's school. As expected, Crescent hovered the air, looking down over the city. She did not see them with her back turned like it was. However, the group could hear her laughter and see the purple aura glowing around her.

"This looks like it will end badly," Whisper sighed, his normally large smile falling into a frown.

Crescent's gray ear twitched. She looked over her shoulder at the five people standing behind her. "Have you come to watch the show, or are you still stupid enough to think that you can stop me?" Crescent wondered. With a wicked laugh, she flew further into the city, leaving Nate and his friends at the entrance to Mount Wildwood.

"We need to stop her! Let's go, guys." Nate called over his shoulder to his friends as he began to run down the street. However, his Yo-kai friends didn't follow. Nate stopped and turned to face them.

"We're not strong enough to beat her, Nate." Jibanyan pointed out.

"But we can't just let her inspirit the whole town!" Nate protested.

"When we were fighting Dame Dedtime, Jibanyan and I fused into Buchinyan to deliver the finally blow," Whisper muttered, more to himself than the others.

"That's brilliant!" Willo exclaimed, having overheard him. Her exclamation made all of the others jump. "If we did something similar, fusing two Yo-kai to make a stronger Yo-kai, we could take down Crescent."

"But when we fought Dame Dedtime, I used my Yo-kai Watch to give you guys a power boost." Nate reminded Whisper and Jibanyan. "With everyone, including my other Yo-kai friends, arguing, we could never power the Yo-kai Watch the way we did last time."

"So, your watch was powered through Yo-kai, correct? And you needed the combined power of many last time because you had to defeat such a powerful enemy, right? Crescent isn't nearly as powerful as Dedtime so you wouldn't need as much power to defeat her. I might know a way to get the power you need." Jillinyan said. Everyone looked at her with confused expressions. What was she babbling about?

"Willo," Jillinyan began, turning towards the ghost Yo-kai, "I wish that monk had just exercised you instead of putting you into the Crank-a-Kai. You didn't deserve to stay in existence." She spat.

"How dare you," Willo growled, her white hands clenching into fists. Whisper hid behind Nate while Jillinyan just smirked. "HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH MEAN AND INSENSITIVE THINGS TO ME!!" Willo exploded in rage, blue flames dancing in her eyes. The same blue flames climbed up her arms and shoulders. Soon, she was completely engulfed in blue fire.

"Nate, absorb the energy from her magic into the watch!" Jillinyan instructed.

"Can I even do that?" Nate wondered, fearful of the bonfire of a ghost that was Willo. He opened his watch and, sure enough, the blue flames flew away from Willo and into the watch. Nate gaped at his Yo-kai Watch. How had it absorbed fire?

"Okay, so if we're going to do the whole fusion thing, then who is fusing with who? I, personally, would rather not be stuck with Whisper again." Jibanyan said.

"I'll fuse with him then," Willo huffed. Whisper approached her meekly, still frightened from the incident with the blue fire. Willo's abnormally large smile appeared on her face as she reached out her hand reassuringly.