Chaos on Mount Wildwood

"Whisper, who is that Yo-kai?" Nate whispered to his butler, his eyes locked on the wolf.

"Why should I tell you?" Whisper snapped in reply. His response made Nate jump. That was not what he had expected to hear from the ghost Yo-kai.

The wolf laughed, it's four tails waving up and down. It crossed its arms, and skipped backwards so that it stood on top of the Crank-a-Kai's ancient lid. "I am Crescent, the Yo-kai known for causing widespread disagreement, hatred, and chaos." Crescent bowed as she introduced herself. A large smile that seemed almost like a smirk appeared on her face as she stood straight again.

In the background, Nate could hear Willo and Jillinyan arguing over who hated the other the most. Of course, Whisper and Jibanyan hadn't shut up either. Nate had to make Crescent stop inspiriting them, though he wanted to do it more to keep his sanity than to help his friends.

"This isn't cool, Crescent! Leave them alone!" Nate shouted at her.

"Where's the fun in that?" Crescent laughed, her purple eyes glittering with amusement.

Nate growled. This was one of the most annoying Yo-kai he'd meet yet! Which is quite the achievement when I've dealt with Noway, Elder Bloom, So-Sorree, Spoilerina, Mr. Movien, and more, Nate thought bitterly.

"You are the most annoying and immature cat Yo-kai that ever went into the afterlife!" Willo snapped at Jillinyan.

"Well, you and your big mouth have a right to talk," Jillinyan sneered.

"Will you two shut up?" Nate asked for what seemed like the millionth time. How was he supposed to scream at Crescent when Willo and Jillinyan were screaming at each other?

"No!" Both Yo-kai screamed at him before resuming their argument. Nate couldn't believe this. They all fought enough without being inspirited by an argument-causing Yo-kai.

Nate had to come up with a way to get his friends to shut up, so he could come up with a way to stop Crescent. Then, he had the perfect idea! "Come on out my friend! Calling Noway!" Nate called, putting the afformentioned Yo-kai's medal into his watch. Summoning Tough! The watch called out, playing the Tough Tribe's music. As soon as the short song ended, Noway appeared in the clearing.

"Don't use your power to make them stop arguing," Nate ordered, trying to use his typical reverse psychology method.

Crescent just laughed. "Did you really think that you could defeat me so easily? I cause disharmony, even among Yo-kai magic. My power cancels out most others."

"You've got to be kidding me," Nate sighed. Now, he had to come up with some other plan if Crescent was going to counter every Yo-kai he summoned. Unfortunately, nothing came to mind.

"It seems like you can't stop me," Crescent mocked him.

Nate had to admit it: he was defeated. With a disappointed sigh, he sat in the grass and plugged his ears. All he could do now was wait for Crescent to get bored.

000

Boring Crescent took much longer than expected. At some point, Noway had left and gone back to whatever he had been doing. Nate, on the other hand, sat and waited, his hands still covering his ears. He wasn't quite sure if he was weirded out or impressed that his four Yo-kai friends hadn't run out of insults yet.

"Alright, this group is getting old," Crescent yawned from where she lounged atop the Crank-a-Kai.

Finally! Nate nearly shouted at the top of his lungs.

"I think I'll be on my way." Crescent said. "I suppose I'll inspirit all of you later, once you're entertaining again." With that said, she leaped up into the air and floated away. As soon as she was gone, Willo, Whisper, Jibanyan, and Jillinyan all shut up, seeming rather confused as to what they were just arguing about and why.

"Finally! No more screaming." Nate sighed in relief.