When a Man Loves a Woman

Start from the beginning

I pulled up to my villa and parked the bike in my garage. There wasn't much in there since I didn't really need a car on the island. It was basically used for storage. On the mainland, I did have an Aston Martin in the garage for going out and a Volvo for tooling around Rio.

Bella shoved me toward my bedroom, telling me to relax, read a book or take a nap. I wanted her with me but she obviously had other ideas in mind as she skipped to the kitchen, proclaiming it off limits until she came to get me. She did tell me that I needed to be ready by no later than 6:30. Alice had apparently laid out an outfit for me to wear. Of course she did. Sure enough, lying on my bed was a pair of black pants, white dress shirt and boxer briefs.

I decided to take Bella up on her offer to take a nap. I stripped off my sweaty clothes and lay down on my bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. My dreams were floaty and romantic. At first. They were of Bella and me, making love, getting married, having children, building a home, building a future...I so wanted it. I never wanted anything more in my life. The Cullen Love Spell was wrapping me tightly in its web, staking its claim on my heart for Bella Swan. However, just as I was going to reach for our dream child, the nurse holding him turned, revealing herself to me. It was Lauren. "I may be gone but I'll be back, lover," she cooed. She threw the child at me and cackled evilly.

"EDWARD! EDWARD! Wake up!" I heard in the distance. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Bella, leaning on my bed. Her eyes were wild and her brow was creased with worry. "You were screaming, baby."

"Sorry," I rasped. I sat up and saw that I was drenched with sweat. My heart was ready to beat out of my chest.

"Don't apologize," she cooed. "You were having a nightmare. Want to talk about it?"

Do I?

"It started off beautifully. Our lives. Happy, content, filled with love and joy," I said as I smiled wistfully. "Then, in the dream, you had a baby. Our baby. The nurse was one of the women from my past and she promised to come back, throwing the baby at me." A lone tear fell from my eye and I sighed.

"Edward, it was just a dream," she soothed as she brushed my matted hair away from my face. "If your past comes back to haunt us, I'll kick their asses in my stilettos. Remember Jacob? I wield a scary shoe."

I snorted and pulled her tightly against my chest. I smothered her face with kisses. "I love you so fucking much, Bella," I mumbled in between kisses. "I don't know if I can let you go at the end of your time here." She didn't respond except to hold me tighter against her body. She mumbled something that was unintelligible before pulling away. "What was that?"

"Nothing," she replied, blushing slightly. "I'm going to shower and then, finish up dinner. When I'm done, you can get clean as well, changing into your clothes that Alice put out for you."

"Sure, gorgeous," I said as I kissed her nose. She straddled my waist before heading into the bathroom. I didn't even notice that she was in just a fucking towel. Just before she slipped through the door, the towel fell to the ground and I saw a glimpse of her delicious ass. I groaned, flopping back onto the bed as she teased me with just enough to fuel my fantasies.

Ten minutes later, Bella came out in a t-shirt and nothing else (presumably). "All yours, baby," she chirped as she skipped out of the room. I sauntered into the bathroom. Inside, I was immediately hit with the aroma of Bella. Her strawberry vanilla flavored bath gel wafted into my nostrils, causing my dick to twitch painfully in my boxers. I wanted to run out to the kitchen, bend her over the counter and sink my cock into her warm folds. No! Cherish her, Cullen. She's not one of your hussies who spread their legs because you're adorable. I shook off my caveman feelings of wanting to fuck my girl and went to wash off the grime of the lagoon off my body. I also masturbated to take the edge off.