Chickens and Confessions

Carrots? Has anyone seen any carrots? The plot bunny attacked and well, you all are going to reap the benefits. NEW STORY! I've been writing some pretty heavy stuff lately and well, I'm going to lighten it up a bit. It's not going to be a humorous story (though there will be some funny bits) but it will be romantic. Some drama...some light angst (there needs to be some sort of conflict or it wouldn't be worth reading, kids).

Chapter Six: Chicken and Confessions

EPOV

"Edward, do you want to go to Rio tonight or wait until early tomorrow?" Rose asked. "Alice seems really anxious to go. Plus, I have a great deal from the Fasano Hotel in Rio."

"Book it for tonight and tomorrow," I said as I quickly finished my work on my laptop. "I'm going to call mom and let her know that we're going to the mainland to get the new caps, among other things. I'm also going to check on a new distributor for our food and alcohol. I was crunching numbers and Zafrina isn't going to work. She's too expensive"

"You could always go back Nahuel," Rose said.

"He wasn't reliable," I sighed. "Besides, this is something that I should have done a while ago. Emmett and I talked about it and we're going on the hunt for new distributors for food and drink while you, Alice, Bella and Jasper spend the day shopping and such in Rio."

"But you will let my husband out to go clubbing, right?" Rose asked, arching a brow.

"I may even come, too," I said, shooting her a tentative grin.

"You won't be pulling any of your skanky tricks, will you? There were only three rooms left in the hotel and you're rooming with Bella. Oh and it's a king bed."

I'm going to implode from too much sexual tension. GAH! No humping the beautiful woman that will be sharing my bed. Friends. I need to be friends.

"Nope. Rose, I'm done with all of that. You may have a hard time believing it, but it's the truth," I said wearily. Friends. Friends. Friends. "I want someone to share my life with. I'm going to twenty-nine next week and it's time I fucking grow up."

"Good. It's about time," Rose said smugly. "But keep in mind, you can still have fun, Edward. When you get off the phone, come join us at the pool. Don't spend all of your time in your office."

"Kay," I sighed. "Thank you, Rose."

"You're welcome," she said as she turned on her heel. "Oh, one more thing, is this a business trip?" She used air quotes around 'business.'

"Yep. Charge it to the resort," I smirked. Rose smiled widely, skipping out of my office. Now, I had to call my parents. Or rather, my mom. I was too pissed off at my dad for a multitude of reasons to speak to him. I needed to tell her that we were going to the mainland tonight and be gone for two days to get supplies. In addition to the supplies for food and drink, there was some damage done to the villas and we needed to repair them as well. I also wanted to hire a cleaning crew to finish up the beach and private pools.

After Bella's brilliant idea with the generators, we got them going and I was able to charge my cell phone in my office. I had several phone calls from the Brazilian government regarding our transformer on the island. They would be out tomorrow to do the necessary repairs. I was grateful for that since we only had gas for two more days of power in the main resort. Remembering that, I added gas on my list of supplies we needed to obtain. I hope we have enough room in the yacht. I made mental note of checking the cargo hold on the Brazilian Princess, the yacht for the resort and purchase when Alice was born, to see how much we could legitimately bring back with us.