Trouble in Paradise

Carrots? Has anyone seen any carrots? The plot bunny attacked and well, you all are going to reap the benefits. NEW STORY! I've been writing some pretty heavy stuff lately and well, I'm going to lighten it up a bit. It's not going to be a humorous story (though there will be some funny bits) but it will be romantic. Some drama...some light angst (there needs to be some sort of conflict or it wouldn't be worth reading, kids).

Chapter Eight: Trouble in Paradise

EPOV

I watched Bella as she slept. I felt like a total creeper but I had to keep my eyes on her. I wanted visual, tangible proof that she was here and wanted to be with me. Her tiny body was pressed against mine and her lips were puckered as she nuzzled on my chest.

And, well, drooled on my chest, too. She also groped me. Again.

Not that I was complaining...

God, when I kissed her lips, it was like nothing I'd ever experienced. Lauren was my first real kiss. Yes, I'd kissed Rachel Domascewicz on the playground when I was in second grade. Following that, I got punched by her and my glasses were shattered. I was scarred until I met Lauren, avoiding girls like they had the plague. Our kisses were okay. Soft and somewhat sloppy, relying a lot on major tongue action and fishy, watery lips. Nothing compared to what I felt with Bella. Her mouth was soft and sweet. She didn't wear that goopy shit that most women wear. Lip gloss? Her lips were naturally pliant and the most perfect shade of pink. Her mouth was sweet and I could have kissed her forever. When she opened her mouth to allow my tongue slide through her pretty pink lips, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. My heart was stammering in my chest. My stomach was being assaulted by bat-sized butterflies and let's not talk about the issue I had in my pants. As soon as her lips touched mine, my dick shot straight up and was desperately searching for her warmth.

It was a pussy-seeking missile.

Not happening, buddy. Not anytime soon.

"Edward," she moaned, tightening her arms around me. "Hmmm...great kisser." Her eyes were still closed and she was sleep-talking.

"You're better," I chuckled, kissing her forehead. My eyes fluttered shut as I inhaled her strawberry, vanilla scent. I'd definitely have to purchase some of that body wash and perfume for when she left. I don't fucking care if I get called a pussy. Anything to keep her scent and memory of her close to me.

Crap, she's leaving in two and half weeks. She has a job up in Seattle. I have a job here in Rio. How can we make this work? Even before that, what is this? Is she my girlfriend? Would she want more from me? Could we handle a long-distance relationship?

"Edward, you're thinking too much," Bella chided, sleepily. I looked down at her and she was still dead to the world, slightly drooling on my naked chest. "Fuzzy." She rubbed her cheek along my sternum where I had a smattering of chest hair.

I snickered quietly, hugging her closer to me. Her sleep ramblings were dead-on. I was thinking too much. I'd always been such a reserved child and it transferred over to when I was an adult. I guess that's why I chose to be business major in college. It required a lot of thinking, creativity and a calm demeanor. I had it all. However, it didn't transfer over well into my personal life. I did tend to over-think everything and I was never spontaneous. Even my 'dates' were carefully planned. I had certain times when I knew I could 'fool around'; certain locations, certain girls. All of that stopped. I didn't want it. I just wanted the gorgeous woman in my arms who was using my left pec as a pillow and humping my leg. It wasn't helping my control, but obviously she was having some pretty hot dreams based off her moans and whimpers.